Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vt altezza wiring problems please help!!

joeyandhisVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT berlina series2
Do u know it took me two months to find a thread starter? Jeezus f h effing sh##..
Anyways...hi all i need your help i have a vt 2000 series ii berlina str8 6 and i bought a pair of altezza tail lights,looks ok but.........

I had to replace the wiring harness so that the reverse lights got diverted in to the altezza lights (berlina reverse lights are located in the middle boot section) not the connections on the right tail lights work fine *reverse. Indicator, brake*

not on the left i paid close attention to the fact that the wiring terminals are missing or arent built with the reverse light terminal!!!

Sorry if this is souinding stupid but i look at the wire term on right side there six comin from the original tail light wire term,but on the left it just doesnt accomodate for the reverse?? Is this makin any sense??? **** i hope it is anyways love to hear your suggestions cheers..joe!!!!

Ozzie

JCCC Warrnambool
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ozzie'z Supercharged VY Calais
Cut the green wire on the left side and run a wire from the green wire on the right side to the left side.

VT's dont have the extra reverse wire running to the left side so you have to modify it.

joeyandhisVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT berlina series2
thanks mate

hey i took your advice n hey presto works great thanks for givin me the answers mate now all i gotta do is find a green metallic boot garnish...this **** never ends....thanks a mill!!!