Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vt always in limp mode.

azza3144

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s pack series 2
hey guys just wondering if someone could help me with this everlasting problem of mine. My vt just wont go! I took it to get a dyno reading just for my own knowledge and curiousity and it made a scary 103rwhp. My mechanic found out that some incompitant knobgina, so and so who owned it before me had serviced it himself and put the fuel filter in backwards therefore restricting the fuel flow. I then replaced the pump, got a complete pacemaker exhaust system, roller rockers and k&N panel filter with cold air intake. After spending a fair bit of money i could nearly notice no difference. I hated this car and wanted to sell it to a trigger happy p plater because it has a stereo and mags. I took it then to adrenaline imports mackay to see what they could do. They boys there told me about faulty knock sensors and how they make your ecu run on limp mode. I had near new knock sensors installed just a week ago which saw an improvement overall in the cars performance but as of yesterday it has gone back to how it was. I am sick to death of throwing money into it and seeing no results. Can someone help me? My next thought is the gearbox...

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
Of the car is in lmp home mode a computer diagnostic check will show the exact cause of it. Hook it up to a Tech2 and get a data trouble code printout. FYI, knock sensors just don't fail. I'd be staying away from those mechanics that recommended replacing them.

MR_VX

Forced to be Fast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pac SII Raptorcharged
yea take it to holden and hook it up to a tech 2 scann tool. it will find the problem right away, it may cost a little but not as much as u have already spent of the car

cinndaz044

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt v8 sv exec 044
send it to holdens for a 55 dollar diagonis

afraid to say it takes time to find a decent mechanic as most of them should be capable but you will soon learn they arent its all a learning curve

i used 5 diffent shops before i found one that could speak my languge

ehtier one is to slack ,the other just wanted to chase power, the rest just where imcompentent and couldnt fix things propley one even scratched my hsv badge wasnt very happy about that

dont really know where you are from so cant point you in the right direction.

my mechanic i use now i like him because he lays it straight on the line and has reptutaion to back what he says even though sometimes im not happy with his calls the bugger is always right.

and his service reports dont have bullshit like tyre depth it contains more important **** like subframe bushes ,mounts exhaust pressures etc the things you can not see or know exsist.

if they are going on a part by part replacement to diagnois problems there should be a discount in labour as thats how my aircond guy works he seems the only 1 to make mistakes but he doesnt charge for labour if he doesnt fix it right so it balances out.