Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VT]Are the headlight protectors worth it?

Helmo645

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey all, my left hand side headlight protector has cracked really badly and missing a huge chunk. Do they really help that much to protect the lights as in do the lights get damaged anyway? Do people take them off when modding there car?

I dunno might just have a to source a new one from somewhere but probs have to buy both at once..

DUK13Y

When in doubt, slide it out
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VEII SSV, VYII Berlina, '97 Lancer
It's all about personal preference unless you do lots of gravel or highway driving where things flicking up is common. I personally like the look of no protectors. I haven't had them on my car ever and I don't have a single scratch on mine. Dealer should be able to sell one at a time, however for the money, I wouldn't bother myself.

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
The headlights on my WH Statesman were sandblasted really bad (and were unroadworthy), so I put brand new projector headlights in and within a couple of months, I could see that they were getting sandblasted as well (I drive from Ballarat to Melbourne 5 days a week), so I decided to get headlight protectors from Holden. I don't really like the look of them on the car, but if it's protecting my new headlights, then its worth it. I just wish they looked better.