Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Auto Transmission service, now slipping and not changing

mattw1992

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Olympic Edition
Hi All,

Just had a mechanic do a basic service to my auto transmission. Car has 160000kms on it and not sure of the history in regards to the servicing of the transmission.

Before the service the transmission was working correctly, i have had a strong vibration in the car which i believe is the tailshaft, but to rule out any possibility it was something simple i thought i would get the tranny serviced, it was due anyway.

Now, after the service the vibration is still there (which leads me to think it is still the original tailshaft issue) but the gears are not changing properly, the car is staying in gear to long and revving to high, or it will be jumpy, like bunny hopping (but very slight, hard to notice)

Just wondering if this is something that should go away, or is common. Or what i should check before getting the mechanic to look at it again.

dirty hands

Reaction score
Members Ride
magna
you could check for tranny fault codes or the TPs being funny
or
disconnect the battery and this may set the tranny computer to default

st3r3otyp3

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV VX SS
Its not in power (PWR)mode is it?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Check the fluid level. If it's still doing it, take it back to the mechanic. Doing a full PCM reset won't hurt either though. Is the engine check light on at all?

mattw1992

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Olympic Edition
Hey guys. No check engine light so I assume no fault codes. How would I do a reset? Trans dipstick is a bit on the high side and with bubbles so I might get that checked by the mechanic.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Try disconnecting the plug and spraying it with wd40 then plug it in again. I'd definitely take it back to them, they should fix it free of charge if the car was returned in worse condition than when you first took it there.

mattw1992

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Olympic Edition
Try disconnecting the plug and spraying it with wd40 then plug it in again. I'd definitely take it back to them, they should fix it free of charge if the car was returned in worse condition than when you first took it there.
Which plug are you talking about?

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
On the drivers side on top of the trans, round looking one (assuming it's the same as a vs)

It almost sounds like the filter hasn't been pushed on hard enough and maybe sucking air if it's slipping