Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Back Window Blury

Darkk_Calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais Supercharged V6
Hey,

I Just Bouught A VT Calais And The Previous Owners Smoked In It And There Seems To Be Stuff Built Up On The Back Window And The Whole Thing Is Blury I Can Bearly See Out It.. Any Idea If Its Cos They Smoked In It?? Or How To Get It Clear Again Ive Even Tried Thinners..

don0xer

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Calais 3.8L Supercharged
Hello and welcome to the forums :)

Please Don't Type In Capitals At The Start Of Each Word it Hurts Head :( haha

as for the window is it on the outside or inside? if its inside it might be a bodgey DIY tint job...

Farlig

Reaction score
Members Ride
Y-Series Clubsport
Hey,

I Just Bouught A VT Calais And The Previous Owners Smoked In It And There Seems To Be Stuff Built Up On The Back Window And The Whole Thing Is Blury I Can Bearly See Out It.. Any Idea If Its Cos They Smoked In It?? Or How To Get It Clear Again Ive Even Tried Thinners..
i got a smoker mate whos VT also has completly messed up rear window, i tell him to clean it all the time, but doesnt.

imo if it has tint just get the rear window tint replaced its easier, otherwise i would be using a glass polisher type liquid to cut thru the crap, just take care you dont destroy the rear deminster elements, use horizontal movement. hope that helps somewhat.

WNTED1

WNTED1
Reaction score
Members Ride
vx s series 2
I have a vx s and the back window tinting is blurry aswell its what happens to it after time and exposure to the sun dont think its because of the smoking as i am the first owner of mine and i dnt smoke so i suggest jus getting it re-done i did n mine is fine now also at 25% hheheehehe!!

hope that helps mate