Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Battery Terminals

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Sounds bout right

CONROD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS THUNDER 6.0l 6 Sp
Another trick is sprinkle Bi-Carb Soda out of the wifes pantry all over the terminals, only a teaspoon or two is needed,put a small amount of Hot Water ( it wont hurt being hot compared to under bonnet temps) and watch all the blue /green fungus (acid) dissolve. Then spray with protectant,vasaline, chain oil as mpower uses :idea3:
Don't forget to hose or flush all around the battery tray.

Bronson3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Another trick is sprinkle Bi-Carb Soda out of the wifes pantry all over the terminals, only a teaspoon or two is needed,put a small amount of Hot Water ( it wont hurt being hot compared to under bonnet temps) and watch all the blue /green fungus (acid) dissolve. Then spray with protectant,vasaline, chain oil as mpower uses :idea3:
Don't forget to hose or flush all around the battery tray.

I'd never thought to bother cleaning the tray would that help in any way or just for looking sexy under the hood

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
As CONROD says this is just basic maint, cleaning, flushing the terminals and tray area are to remove the corrosive acid from the tray and frame (BECAUSE IT WILL CAUSE IT TO BE EATEN AWAY LIKE RUST), (yes it also looks clean and tidy)I use a protective spray or aluminox type product

Bronson3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
As CONROD says this is just basic maint, cleaning, flushing the terminals and tray area are to remove the corrosive acid from the tray and frame (BECAUSE IT WILL CAUSE IT TO BE EATEN AWAY LIKE RUST), (yes it also looks clean and tidy)I use a protective spray or aluminox type product

So the battery acid corrosion spreads the same as rust would?
So it would be in my best interest to clean it all 100%

gungazza

Reaction score
Members Ride
executive vt 5.0lt VZ CREWMAN
sounds about right to me, people will shoot me down for this but i use motorbike chain oil to stop corrosion - works great, lol.

should use vasoline

Noeleter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Equipe Sportwagon
So the battery acid corrosion spreads the same as rust would?
So it would be in my best interest to clean it all 100%
Fe + H2SO4 = FeSO4 + H2
Iron + Sulphuric Acid= Ferrous Sulphate + Hydrogen
Battery Tray + Battery Acid = Powdery Substance + Bubbles (and less battery tray).