Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Battery Terminals

Bronson3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Alright, so I'm stuck at mission Australia right now, worrying about my poor baby (and her corroded terminals)

I've been needing to change the battery terminal clamps for a while now, but I don't want to buy the wrong ones. I could probably just take a photo of mine, walk in, and guess which ones I need. But I don't want to mess around with this at all (haven't got money to be wasting... who has.)

Would you guys happen to know a part number or serial or even a link to the type that I'll need for my VT? A link to supercheap would be great, or auto barn, repco, anything along those lines.

Cheers,
Bronson.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
battery terminals for one of the most common aussie cars?

just wander in and ask for them.

Bronson3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
battery terminals for one of the most common aussie cars?

just wander in and ask for them.

I literally did, and he's like "mmm not sure" so I walked out (this was last night 3 minutes before close) I didn't have time to even look at mine or anything haha

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
I literally did, and he's like "mmm not sure" so I walked out (this was last night 3 minutes before close) I didn't have time to even look at mine or anything haha

what kind of dolt can't answer that, lol.

Bronson3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
what kind of dolt can't answer that, lol.

haha, Pretty sure I can take a swing and get them myself, but I was just posting this thread for help incase I somehow have the wrong idea in my head on which ones to get.
Pretty sure mine are something like this:
Matson Battery Terminal - Stud, Positive, 1 Pack - Supercheap Auto Australia

EDIT: Do I need a different one for the positive/ negative terminal? Or would they be the same (as i said, I'm stuck inside at the moment and can't really go look)

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L

Mmmmmmmm, 3 minutes before close.
I think that should tell you something.

The Supercheap ones look fine to me.

Bronson3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Thanks for your help guys went in and just picked whatever I felt like haha hooked them up in a few minutes and the car even starts smoother hopefully the better connection without all the corrosion will maintain the battery charge also.

My voltage sits at about 13.9 while idling/revving up to 1500rpm
If I whip on my hazards, headlights, stereo and a/c it drops to about 13.4/5 is that alright?

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
sounds about right to me, people will shoot me down for this but I use motorbike chain oil to stop corrosion - works great, lol.