Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vt Beebs on start up, Engine Oil Abs lights on unable to retrieve error codes

fr1day_vt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT CALAIS
Vt Beebs on start up, Engine light, Oil light, Abs light, oil light, air bag light all on as well with no engine temp and or AC.

Problem that had me stuffed for a while there so starting new thread.
I know its been covered before but only in dribbs and drabs, it happened to be the abs module had a few dry solder joints either in the plug or on the sockets causing beebs apon start up as well warning lights lights and thermo fan constantly on.
Reco ones can be bought from ebay for average $200 on a exchange basis or from holden brand new for $700.
Guide to Recon of Abs Module
1. remove negative from battery.
2. Pull plug tab towards engine to unlock as well as eject plug from socket.
3. Extract 6 x torex screws as well as 2 pin plug at base of socket.
4. remove abs module from valve block being mindfull of solenoids arnt damaged.
5. Pry Black lid from back of socket with thin steel rule or large flat blade screwdriver working evenly round lid.
6. Removal of lid exposes circuit bd. I just worked my way round joints and resoldered be warey not to apply excessive head to the one joint as to not cook components or damage circuit board.
7. Cleaned all contacts within socket with lectra clean or similar drying via compressed air.
8. Also Clean Plug contacts with electrical cleaner, carbonised contacts within this plug may be carried out first before all above steps without removing module as in some cases may be the sole problem but may return at a later date so i went the whole hog and resoldered joins while i was there to rule this out of the equation.
9. Replace lid and seal and reinstall with care.

Attachments

• P070111_14.33[01].JPG
    P070111_14.33[01].JPG
    111.4 KB · Views: 320
  • P070111_14.53.JPG
    P070111_14.53.JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 585
  • P070111_14.53[01].JPG
    P070111_14.53[01].JPG
    127.3 KB · Views: 1,390
  • P070111_14.33.JPG
    P070111_14.33.JPG
    82.6 KB · Views: 537
  • P070111_13.20[01].JPG
    P070111_13.20[01].JPG
    113.5 KB · Views: 873
  • P070111_13.19.JPG
    P070111_13.19.JPG
    119.2 KB · Views: 954

fr1day_vt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT CALAIS
Well today i went to go meet the tow truck driver as i had broken down at the shops in my vy ute (suspect starter motor) in the above vt and that damned beeping came back so i dont know how they recondition these abs modules so pay no attention to me!!

KelGale

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim V6
Sorry to dig up an old thread, total justcommodores newbie.

Just bought a 2000 VT Acclaim, apparently previous owner had changed the engine, following which the same symptoms as above (Engine, ABS, Airbag and Oil lights on, with beeping tune on start up) I cant retrieve any error codes by bridging pins 5&6, and resetting the dash using the mode and set buttons does nothing to help.

did you find a solution fr1day_vt ?

dirty hands

Reaction score
Members Ride
magna
fr1day_vt has long gone ..last post he/she made was 13-01-2011.....and no solution was posted .................

KelGale
too many alerts there to say what has gone wrong

check all engine bay fuses and internal fuses and relays

if you cant get the diagnostic port to work using pins 5&6

without you retrieving the codes ---- not much else can be done ------- best find a tech2

if the loud beeping at start up is the airbag light ...tech 2 only can clear that

the ECU must be ok if the engine runs and starts..... another module may be toast or something simple

Last edited:

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
try unplugging the loom from abs module
located under bonnet on drivers side aluminium block about 100mm square with multiple pipes running to it
car can still be driven but you wont have abs functioning
will still have abs light only on

Raffy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VX Calais Supercharged V6
Check your alternator as well. I had the same problem and thought bugger it that damn abs module is knackered AGAIN!

But no, it was the voltage regulator in the back of the alternator.

The alternator looses regulation and puts out too much voltage and the various computers in the car go bonkers.

Easy to check, bung a multimeter across the battery with car running, should be about 14.4 volts if all ok.

I got a new regulator from Repco.