Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Berlina boot and footwell, need help.

TXB-409

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina
Hey guys,
Just wanting to change the light inside the boot to make my subs look better rather than the stock shitty yellow globe, but I can't seem to find a clip or anything to take it off to change the globe.
Can anyone tell me if there is a clip or if not, how to get to the LED inside it?

Also, does anyone have photo's of the process to do custom footwell's? I have the pre-existing light there when I open the door, I just wanna see the process in photo form so I know what to do exactly, wanting to get rear and front footwell LED's with a switch to turn on and off whilst driving, not just when I open the door.

Would really appreciate your help, cheers guys! :surprise:

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
The boot light just unclips by levering it out, but be careful when removing it because it contains a festoon bulb (not a LED) and it can easily short out on the body. You can replace this globe with a LED festoon type.
The footwell lights are the wedge type and can be replaced with LED wedge. The best place to find these globes is ebay, plenty to choose from.
Welcome to the forum.

coasty

the voices told me to
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz equipe & vt berlina both v6
i bought red led strips off ebay. took the bulb out and connected the wires up.
dont have any pics yet but it looks so cool when you open the doors. the strips are about $4 delivered. heaps more light
for the boot try a color change led or 2 big strips of led.