Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Berlina Boot Fuse Blown

zpotentxl

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Holden Berlina VT Gen III 5.7L
Alright guys, I have an issue with my turn signals, the fuse blows every time i indicate left so I'm guessing the wires for my left tail light are earthing out or something. Keep in mind that I have monaro tail lights fitted instead of the stock standard vt's.
Thing is, I can't even get to it because my boot won't open. The fuse box underneath the steering wheel makes a faint tick noise when i attempt to do so, and I don't have a key hole on my boot either because i've replaced it with a vx garnish, that means no emergency latch/lever either.
I can't seem to locate the fuse specifically for the boot, i'd greatly appreciate some help with it, also maybe the turn signal issue if I haven't resolved it either.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
So the middle seat doesn't fold down ?
Crawl underneath the boot and look for wiring issues but you probably won't see much.

zpotentxl

Reaction score
Members Ride
So the middle seat doesn't fold down ?
Crawl underneath the boot and look for wiring issues but you probably won't see much.
It does, but it would be a struggle to fix the wiring when i'm in a boot. I'd prefer to fix the boot fuse, thing is i have no idea which one it is.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Would it be possible to squeeze through the middle seat and undo the boot lock or even put your finger in behind the latch where the solonoid is flick it open ?

zpotentxl

Reaction score
Members Ride
Would it be possible to squeeze through the middle seat and undo the boot lock or even put your finger in behind the latch where the solonoid is flick it open ?
Hm it does seem doable. Where about is the solonoid located inside the boot? And do you have any idea about the actual fuse?

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
The solenoid is mounted to the inner skin of the bootlid at an angle of about 45 degrees above the lock. The chances are either that the small linking rod between a the solenoid has broken or become detached from the lock or the solenoid is loose and needs adjusting. The click youngest indicates that the solenoid had power and is still working.

If you climb through the ski port, you can operate the lever on the lock that the connecting rod connects too. A torch will be handy. So will being the size of a dwarf. If you're too large, see if you can get someone smaller but not a child. They probably wouldn't know what to do.

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
too lazy to get a wiring diagram
but replace the indicator fuse as they may be on the same circuit
also check trailer wiring for your short
and when you do get in boot fit the vx release cable
do the garnish job properly

zpotentxl

Reaction score
Members Ride
The solenoid is mounted to the inner skin of the bootlid at an angle of about 45 degrees above the lock. The chances are either that the small linking rod between a the solenoid has broken or become detached from the lock or the solenoid is loose and needs adjusting. The click youngest indicates that the solenoid had power and is still working.

If you climb through the ski port, you can operate the lever on the lock that the connecting rod connects too. A torch will be handy. So will being the size of a dwarf. If you're too large, see if you can get someone smaller but not a child. They probably wouldn't know what to do.
Thanks for that, I'll be sure to try this tommorow morning. Any ideas about the fuse though?

zpotentxl

Reaction score
Members Ride
too lazy to get a wiring diagram
but replace the indicator fuse as they may be on the same circuit
also check trailer wiring for your short
and when you do get in boot fit the vx release cable
do the garnish job properly
Had fitted a higher amp fuse (20amp) and attempted to pop the boot but no success. Although it helped with my turn signals, instead of blowing the fuse right off the bat it died after 4 indicates.

ATTAKHAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS
hard to get a straight answer in here sometimes, if the boot does not open with the glovebox button or the key button check your hazard light fuse, that is the one needed for that function