Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Berlina factory fitted alarm question

lordmuz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 MY10 WM Caprice 3.6L V6 SIDI
I have a VT berlina, and it has a factory fitted alarm system which beeps a horn under the bonnet if a door is opened without first pressing the key fob "unlock" button.

Now, I just wanted to confirm with another VT Berlina owner how the alarm should work. When I lock the car, "sometimes" it will give a couple of short beeps of the horn when the indicators flash, but most of the time it is silent.

Should the alarm horn beep briefly when the car is locked and unlocked? If it should (and since mine only does it occasionally), would you think perhaps I have a dodgy ground connection somewhere?

The alarm seems to work fine in all other respects though -like if you manually unlock a door with the key, then open it, the alarm will sound.

Anyone?

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Mine does the same, occasionally it will give a very faint beep when unlocking, so I don't really know if that is normal or not. Apparently you can set them to beep or not to beep but I haven't looked into that yet.

Riley

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina S2
mine gives an audible beep when the door isnt properly closed and i try to lock it. Otherwise,....no beeps

If i lock it with the windows down, and later try to open the car by reaching inside, the alarm goes off using the vehicle horn and blows the cr@pola out of everything..

keza87

JCCC NSW Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX/VY/VZ Wagon LS1
The reason for the short beeps is that either a door is still open or the door actuator is faulty or even the micro switch inside the actuator is playing up.

Next time it does it check that all doors are actually locked.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
^^^^^

I think your spot on there.. Mine also only beeps when something is open or not closed right. Other then that no beeps. But leave the boot open to long and all hell breaks loose when closing it.

Also i haven't red anything in the manual about making it beep when closing ?.

GILLO

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT Berlina
Yeah mine only sounds when something is not closed right.

When i first got my car I am sure that i could get it to beep when it was locked and press lock again, sort of an alarm. Is there a feature like that? To make a loud alarm sound, just in case there is someone leaning or sitting on your car.

darren44

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S2 wagon Berlina
a single beep would be good as then you would know if the car has actually locked when you press the button.
mine only beeps when a door is ajar or something.

darren