Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vt berlina vs vx berlina

Jazack

Reaction score
Members Ride
'91 VN SS
hey all just wondering if there is any diefferences between vt and vx berlinas. (options, power, issues, price difference?)

trying to figure out whether or not i should go for the later model or not.

any opinions greatly appreciated.

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing :'(
The price difference isnt all that much, maybe between 1 and 2000?. Not too sure about options in the two.
My personal opinion would be to go for the VX. The VX berlina looks much more classy than a base VX whereas the VT still a noticible difference but not so much.

Charg'd

Reaction score
Members Ride
ford
pretty sure the vx berlina came out with traction control stock & the vt only did in the series 2?

Infin8

VXIIBerlina 'Chrome Spec'
Reaction score
Members Ride
VXIIBERLINA
honestly, it would be a waste of money buying a VT Berlina. VX berlinas are far better, they have more power, new more modern design, they have fixed the camber problem with VTs (VXII i think, possibily VXI), alot smoother ride than a VT, better re-sale value etc etc etc. (this is in reference to a VTII Berlina, would not consider a VTI Berlina imo) my suggestion is def. pay tha extra 2grand or so and get a VX, hope this gives you some guidance....

Cheers,
Infin8

veclubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Clubsport
honestly, it would be a waste of money buying a VT Berlina. VX berlinas are far better, they have more power, new more modern design, they have fixed the camber problem with VTs (VXII i think, possibily VXI), alot smoother ride than a VT, better re-sale value etc etc etc. (this is in reference to a VTII Berlina, would not consider a VTI Berlina imo) my suggestion is def. pay tha extra 2grand or so and get a VX, hope this gives you some guidance....

Cheers,
Infin8

i agree go the vx :thumbsup:

Jazack

Reaction score
Members Ride
'91 VN SS
cheers for the opinions. now for the toughy...

vx berlina or vy exec/acclaim.

now i assume you guys might be slightly biased in this case, so if you could state the reasons for your preference it would be greatly appreciated.

ProphetVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
A Pushie

now i assume you guys might be slightly biased in this case, so if you could state the reasons for your preference it would be greatly appreciated.

I may be biased, I have a VX Berlina.

However, get the VX Berlina, because it will have better resale value than the VY exec down the line. You can pick up VY execs for $12,000-13000 now, a VX Berlina is still around $14500-15000, that gap will only get bigger as time goes on.

Obviously it all comes down to personal preference and whether you like the styling of the VY over the VX or vice versa. You get alot more bang for your buck in a berlina over a base model though with electric seats, climate control, cruise control, power windows etc etc.

You need to do far less to a berlina to make it look nice (lowering and wheels) compared to an exec as well (obviously personal preference).

veclubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Clubsport
yeh id go the vx

because:
look better (gotta love that front and those tail lights)
as said above better resale value
more luxury features
and youve got sumthing a bit different aswell instead of a boring old executive.

cheers
ryan

Charg'd

Reaction score
Members Ride
ford

without being bias, id still go the vx, as it has more features