Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vt booster m/c in Vr V8 with ABS

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
Cheers mate. I did it to stop the firewall flex. Grab a mate to push on the brake pedal and whatch the booster. You will be surprised how far it moves forward (firewall flexing). The heavy duty strut tower bracket reduces this, but its up to you if thats a problem or not.

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
I wouldnt be without it with the twin piston vt calipers, but i have also heard a few people doing it with just the standard brake setup and they recon it was a great little upgrade. I think 88greenVN was one who has done it to his standard setup if you maybe wanna pm him to ask him how it went.

Fonzie

Just lost the game.
Reaction score
Members Ride
-
jimbos redrilling dimension for pedal pin hole in pushrod is out by a few mill I think its 111 and I found by measuring the stock vr one it was 113 (this affects pedal height at rest)

I'm aware this is a bit of a thread dig... But It's the only one I could find with relevant information. "Jimbo" was referenced earlier in the thread with a link to a VNAERO website or something along those lines, but the link was dead.

My question is; Will I need to drill a hole in the pushrod of the VT booster to match up with the VS pedal?

And my VS doesn't have ABS, does anyone know if these lines will still reach the appropriate holes in the new booster?

Cheers, Fonzie.

Jimbo

Reaction score
Hey Fonz,

I pulled the site after bigpond changed what they offered. Haven't really thought of trying to get it back,.. most people have copied and come up with similar solutions now. Jeez its been a few years now LOL.

Have never owned a VS or worked on one,.. but will try answer; perhaps someone else can chime in.

You'd need to redrill the rod to match your pedal. What I initially did when there was no information around, was to mount the booster and see where it lined up with the pedal; then marked and drilled accordingly. The 2-3mm difference is what I also came up with after I installed it.

No ABS, neither did my VN ;)

I'd expect your lines should reach the master outlets.

Cheers,

Jim.....

Fonzie

Just lost the game.
Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Join date 04, you're a veteran! Cheers for your response mate. I had a chat to another bloke on this forum a few days ago, can't remember his username... But he did the upgrade. He pointed me towards the JC User "Markovr", he sells the brackets or modified boosters/master cylinders for the job.
Fonzie :thumbsup:

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
Well, i cant contact the original guy who i got the design off for the bracket. So heres a badly done paint drawing on what i think the measurments were. Note that i didnt include the redrilling of the vt booster pushrod. The pushrod hole does need re-drilling back slightly at around 111-113mm from the base of the new modded bracket. But please check this first with a dummy install cause my memory has faded alot since i did this. Also im not sure what the new bolt hole dimensions were, so you gonna have to measure these yourself befor drilling.
Markovr, if ur still with us, could you maybe confirm/deny some of these measurements.
I have included a pictur of the finished setup, so you can see if what you are making is close to what it should look like:)
brakebracket.jpg

boosterbracket.jpg

Last edited:

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon
Good thread, wish it was around when I was looking at VT brakes. I have a VT Booster / MC with a custom mounting bracket for sale (and the rest of the conversion including shims) if anyones interested PM me :)