Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vt booster m/c in Vr V8 with ABS

Lazin

Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VS V6 Wag
Nice thread! a couple questions.
Whats the difference between the vs and the vt booster/mc (size, pressure, strength)?
Does it make the pedal firmer?
I have the vt brakes/rotors and my pedal feels softer and with longer travel.
Are any of the other models (vz, ve) bigger/better and will they fit?

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
VS i believe is only a 3:1, whereas the VT is 4.25:1 boost ratio. Cant remember what bore size it is on the VT mc, it is bigger then 1" though from memory, whereas the Vs bore is only 7/8". VR booster is 4:1 with a 15/16" master bore. I guess the smaller bore in the VS is why they went backward in boost ration on the VS, but they were a plactic booster on the VS which just seemed cheap to me!
Yes i can sypathise with the long saggy pedal. I couldnt hack it, i had to do this conversion or rip the brakes back out. Pedal is way back up the top and its more responsive with the higher powered booster.

The "VT brakes"(Including booster and master) are all the same through to VZ(the booster you see above in mine is a VY). It only changed on the VE and i really know nothing about that. I am reading on here that the VE calipers and rotors are a better upgrade option for the VR/S due to them having a smaller piston in the calipers, that will run ok directly off the factory VR and VS booster/master. But its all hearsay, i have not seen heard of anyone yet to do it. All i do know is its not a direct bolt up job like the VT brakes, there is some adaptor brakets an stuff required to fit them.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
All this ####ing around for a system that isn't as good as the VE upgrade.

The VE package comes with everything you need to fit it to all earlier Commodores VB-VS. No drilling, cutting, welding or fabricating of any kind. And yes, I can vouch for this system being a purely bolt on improvement. I have sold numerous kits and have has positive results from everyone of them. There was a slight problem as to the fitment under 16" rims for one person, but the RDA admitted they made a mistake and a full refund was given.

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon

The VE package comes with everything you need to fit it to all earlier Commodores VB-VS. No drilling, cutting, welding or fabricating of any kind..

Thats why i mentioned it. If the VE works with the vr booster then this is all redundant. At the time this thread was created there was no VE upgrade. Thus the lack of interest in this thread bar the fewq Q's i been asked, which i updated the thread for. Not having yet experianced it then i cant comment. I would like to hear from someone ho has had the VT upgrade and moved to the VE to give feedback on the difference.
The only thing this has over the VE(if there is equivilant braking power between them) is price. VT calipers/rotors , booster/master, hub ring adaptor, will set you back about $250 in second hand parts. Whereas the ve is mostly having to be bought new and adaptor plates are required and i beleive are at a fairly significant cost well in excess of $500 (you ay be able to enlighten us there since you retail them NAAF). So if money is a problem and time is not (say 8hrs to fit vt calipers and rotor, then make bracket and fit vt booster/master), then the VT is significantly cheaper.

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn

The VE package comes with everything you need to fit it to all earlier Commodores VB-VS. No drilling, cutting, welding or fabricating of any kind. And yes, I can vouch for this system being a purely bolt on improvement. I have sold numerous kits and have has positive results from everyone of them. There was a slight problem as to the fitment under 16" rims for one person, but the RDA admitted they made a mistake and a full refund was given.
Ive sold a few vt type master setups to people who were not happy with their pedal after a ve front brake change so its not black and white as you make out ...how many people (who were experts ?)said when it was in fashion that you didnt need a cylinder change with the vt front stuff and they were wrong by a cricket score ....its not just travel its how the car stops when you have to that is the difference.

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
Thats why i mentioned it. If the VE works with the vr booster then this is all redundant. At the time this thread was created there was no VE upgrade. Thus the lack of interest in this thread bar the fewq Q's i been asked, which i updated the thread for. Not having yet experianced it then i cant comment. I would like to hear from someone ho has had the VT upgrade and moved to the VE to give feedback on the difference.
The only thing this has over the VE(if there is equivilant braking power between them) is price. VT calipers/rotors , booster/master, hub ring adaptor, will set you back about $250 in second hand parts. Whereas the ve is mostly having to be bought new and adaptor plates are required and i beleive are at a fairly significant cost well in excess of $500 (you ay be able to enlighten us there since you retail them NAAF). So if money is a problem and time is not (say 8hrs to fit vt calipers and rotor, then make bracket and fit vt booster/master), then the VT is significantly cheaper.

The reason theres been no interest /questions is that you have covered everything and no doubt countless people have used it and it worked a treat for them...I smile everyday when Im braking as it stops so well even if you are late on the pedal and those days of hoping it will pull up in time are long gone.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
I have all 3 VN's running the VT M/C and booster upgrade. I wont need to spend any more money on bigger rotors, big 4 pot calipers or fancy pads as the stock items have not failed in any way. For normal city driving - wet or dry the upgrade has not given a hint of trouble. I've had to stand the V8 on it's nose once - hard enough to get the oil light on. Stopped way short of the "yellow light stopper" in front of me.

I thought I may need to upgrade the V6 rotors and calipers - but nope -they are fine (they were new just before the M/C and booster upgrade and reluctant to ditch so early)

+ 1 for the VT M/C booster upgrade

ashleysnep

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
355 VN GRP A REP
Ive sold a few vt type master setups to people who were not happy with their pedal after a ve front brake change so its not black and white as you make out ...how many people (who were experts ?)said when it was in fashion that you didnt need a cylinder change with the vt front stuff and they were wrong by a cricket score ....its not just travel its how the car stops when you have to that is the difference.

Im one of those people. The VE upgrade left my pedal with a spongy feel. Took the car to race brakes to check it over as I installed it and they couldnt find a problem so ive put it down to the MC/booster (currently a V8 VN 1" item) so ill see how it is with the VT one (well VY :p)