Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vt brake pads

X

xu1au

can any 1 tell me what break pads dont sqeak,,i got mine checked out on last service and all my breaking stuff in good nik even pads,,not sure what brand tho,,,i had bendix in my old vc commy and they didnt sqeak at all,,when i break it sounds like some 1 sqeezing a cat.

danielsan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 SS 5.7/A4
i have bendix ultimates on mine, great pads but they do start to squeal under constant heavy breaking and dump $hit loads of brake dust onto the rims. part from them the pads i had on the car previously which i think were the holden pads, were great round town for pulling up but sucked at highway speeds.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
I have Bendix Advance on the front, hardly any dust and no squeal. I forget what I have on the back, but lots of dust and lots of squeal if I don't hose all that dust out of the calipers regularly. So I think the dust and squeal are related.

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
i use bendix advance all round and they dont sqeak.
the Bendix Ultimates are a harsher brake compound and do tend to chew your discs quicker than the Advance mainly because they are designed for high performance

WAGON MAN

Gas Sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 Berlina Wagon with Phreddied bits.
I also have Bendix Advance all round. Minimal dust , No squeeling either.

The Bendix Ultimates are a better pad and a harder compound because they are a high preformance pad.

It would be best to have slotted rotors (or better )when using this type of pad to achieve maximum braking preformance.

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
I have Bendix Advance.. Good ****..

No dust. No squealing. Does just fine for my general day to day braking.

I have no complaints whatsoever.

lazyass

Reaction score
Members Ride
Have moved up to VE SS
Again bendix advance but if you want something else you can't go past the Protex ceramic pad it has a full pad face and doesn't squeak and minimul dust bought from race brakes sydney for $50 a set 0296091101 awesome

nmldb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT II Berlina Wagon
Pads......

I always thought that ceramic pads needed upgraded rotors ? Might be wrong. Original rotors arn't much good anyway.

Anyway, I've used a brand of pad called "QFM" (Queensland Friction Material). Not cheap but no problems at all in over a decade of use on various cars, including a VL and VT II.

Personally, I'd pay a bit more and upgrade those rotors. Some good ones on eBay.

Good luck.

ScottB_33

Go Hard or Go Home
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Berlina Supercharged
There is another choice now in Bendix have brought out a pad called Bendix CT. These pads have a titanium bedding in strip fitted as standard to address the issues of pad bedding in and noise. Dust is also a non issue now with these. Try them next time and I'm sure you will be impressed. I fit them all the time when servicing a customers car.

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
ScottB_33 said:
There is another choice now in Bendix have brought out a pad called Bendix CT. These pads have a titanium bedding in strip fitted as standard to address the issues of pad bedding in and noise. Dust is also a non issue now with these. Try them next time and I'm sure you will be impressed. I fit them all the time when servicing a customers car.
i just got a set for the front of my car and they are great.
they call them Bendix General CT.