Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vt brake style traction control?!

KalebM

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt v6 3.8 commodore
so I’ve got a vt commodore I’ve turbocharged and got tuned and when I try to do a stand still burnout it won’t rev past 2000rpm, it’s an auto and also it will get the wheels spinning if I do a doughnut but will stop when I have the brake and accerator down. It hasn’t got a traction control button and no abs module. The guys who dynoed it say that there could be something that’s connected to either the brake light sensor/button or the cruise control one, anyone here have any knowledge on this stuff?
Vt commodore 2000 Sydney Olympic is the car name

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Lol, get ready for a flaming.

The guys who dynoed it say that there could be something that’s connected to either the brake light sensor/button

Take the brake globes out and see if that changes it then.

Possibly anti-abuse too. Car is revving out but the ECU isn't seeing any speed change from the VSS, so it won't let it over rev.

Also likely to bog down in doughnuts if you're still running a single pegger/open diff.

You keeping it in first?

KalebM

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt v6 3.8 commodore
Lol, get ready for a flaming.

Take the brake globes out and see if that changes it then.

Possibly anti-abuse too. Car is revving out but the ECU isn't seeing any speed change from the VSS, so it won't let it over rev.

Also likely to bog down in doughnuts if you're still running a single pegger/open diff.

You keeping it in first?
What ya mean by a flaming?xD
And it’s got a mini spool in it and I just read up the anti abuse thing and it seems that may be the case. Also I’ve had it in first then I tried just in drive it doesn’t make a difference.

How hard are you pushing on the brake pedal?
I’ve pushed it Down hard and soft tried it all at this point that’s why I’ve come to here

KalebM

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt v6 3.8 commodore
I’ve also tried to have the brake lights not connected and do it but nothing so I’ll try the cruise control one tonight and see what happens

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
What type of surface are you attempting the stand still and donuts on ?

KalebM

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt v6 3.8 commodore
Keep it off the roads bro.

I know man I only do it after work and on my island i finish at 12 at night and never do much haha, it’s just more I want to be able to take it to a burnout pad sometime but want it sorted before I get to that

KalebM

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt v6 3.8 commodore
A guy at work said line lock the back brakes but correct me if I’m wrong it doesn’t matter if the back brakes are working or not cause it’s a computer thing right?