Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vt brake style traction control?!

KalebM

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt v6 3.8 commodore

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
commodore has anti abuse in the software aka take out the fun
basically if assumes you are trying to do a hill start and limits the power to prevent wheel spin
it is the input to the computer not the output
unless your car is built to take this abuse stop it
as for flaming
stop being a tool
a v6 commodore is not a street outlaw

KalebM

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt v6 3.8 commodore
Could your tuner not turn off the abuse safety in the tune?
The guy who tuned it the first time didn’t even know it was a thing till I’ve brought it up. He said he will do some research n get back to me

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
a v6 commodore is not a street outlaw
I realise we should not encourage destructive behaviour on public property. But this is a bit harsh I reckon. Some of the coolest and quickest car builds on this site have been boosted V6 commo's (mostly 2nd gen, but still). Ok, not an avid 'street outlaw' contender, but only 0.000001% of cars world wide are.
OP is building something cool (hopefully he will post pics to confirm) and I'm keen to help where we can.
But OP, please try to find private property or personal skid pads for your 'testing'.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Sounds like it doesn’t have enough power to spin the wheels tbh. Don’t think the vt’s smart enough to limit torque with the v6’s. The v8’s have torque reduction for sure though.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
First post says the thing is turbocharged, as long as it's not stupidly big and laggy it should have enough power to break traction at a minimum.

You know when you hit full boost OP?

KalebM

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt v6 3.8 commodore
Yeah definitely I have a mate who has a place but it isn’t close so it’s more of a go down for the weekend that’s the only reason I’m “testing” on public roads, also it’s a t3t4 turbo which is .53 air compressor and smaller exhaust side, also at the moment I’ve been having problems with my boost gauge I have a feeling it’s broken but I’m going to get someone to check it for me, it seems to come on boost around 3000 maybe a little less

Turbo is kinda big from what I’ve been told but is ment for a v6