Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vt brake warning light

Davo_vx

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx executive s2
That's the problem if you emptied the reservoir completely then you would of got air in the system. You should of left some in it when syringing out and filled back up before bleeding. I would suggest bleeding at the master then bleeding all the calipers again for good measure.

yz300

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 vt wagon
That's the problem if you emptied the reservoir completely then you would of got air in the system. You should of left some in it when syringing out and filled back up before bleeding. I would suggest bleeding at the master then bleeding all the calipers again for good measure.
Thanks again. Do i bleed the master by loosening the lines that come from it and pressing down the brake pedal?

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
If air did get into the system and you have ABS then I think it requires the ABS module to be bled, not something you can do yourself I believe.

Davo_vx

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx executive s2
Yeah crack the lines get someone to push the pedal to the floor and lock them off before releasing the pedal, good communication is key here and when doing the calipers. What accentstencil said is correct it can be hard to get air out of the abs if it got in there. I've had luck with taking the car for a drive and jamming the brakes on at 60kms so the abs kicks in then bleeding at the calipers though. Bleed at the master then calipers take it for a spin if you still got air jam on brakes at speed so abs kicks in if that gets rid of warning light then bleed at the calipers again and you should be good others wise you'll have to take it somewhere to bleed out the system.

Last edited:

Davo_vx

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx executive s2
Have you tryed going for a drive and making the abs kick in yet before you do the other stuff? If you do and the warning goes away just bleed at the calipers after.

Davo_vx

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx executive s2
Whatever you choose to do make sure you keep the reservoir topped up or you'll get more air.

ltdslip

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2SS
Reference from the manual...

Attachments

• Brakes (2).png
    Brakes (2).png
    62.3 KB · Views: 171
  • Brakes.png
    Brakes.png
    46.9 KB · Views: 157

Davo_vx

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx executive s2
Interesting, I can only speak from experience mate when I replaced my master I bled at the master using the method I mentioned, google scotty Kilmer bleeding at the master to see, then had to bleed at the calipers to get all the air out. I wouldn't pump the brakes 10 times without locking them off in between strokes unless you have this pressure bleeder they are talking about otherwise you'll have air for days.

ltdslip

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2SS
Just thought I'd throw it out there for something to think about.
Usually get my brake fluid replaced by mech when regos due

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Hi. Thanks for your reply. Do you know if it.s possible to bleed the master cylinder? I did it on an XE a long time ago but can.t remember how. Can the ecu really tell that there.s air in the system? Thanks again, Gus.
Plenty of how too on U Tube, is the light ABS or Handbrake info light staying on? I say you bleed it incorrect and now its lost pressure, you keep saying oil so what did you use? You should be using Dot 4 fluid.