Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Brakes upgrade on VN SII

AlpineRaven

Reaction score
G'day,
The purposes I bought the VN wagon was for work reasons. I tow a large braked box trailer for work, I believe its around a ton of tools in it, I've recently fitted auto trans cooler but the VN brakes are shocky, they do work but it feels like you're braking hard while engine is off.

Now, Since someone said that I should do an VT upgrade on my VN, I know someone who has wrecking VT S1 sedan and the brakes are still there even booster/master cylinder. If I wanted to do brakes upgrade on my VN, what excatly parts do I require please?

Cheers
AP

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
That's a very good question, and I'm considering doing the same modification to my car, too :)

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
calipers, the disc, and hub adaptors, new bearings recomended.
they are avalible on ebay or though the jc shop for 250 dollars or so,
ive got this set up to go onto my car one day im just currntly short of owning the hub adaptors

pandaman

Aussie Muscle Fan
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina 5.0 A4
Hokay, off the VT you'll need the brake discs and calipers with pads. The VT booster and master cylinder won't fit straight into a VN, they need to be modified, there's a thread on how to do it around here somewhere, but being the lazy bum that I am I bought one that Markovr did. The other option is to use the standard VN booster and a 1 inch master cylinder off a VN V8 with braided brake lines. Apparently that gives an acceptable pedal feel. You also need a pair of custom adaptor hubs available from several sources, and brake hoses to fit the VT calipers to the VN lines, these two items can't just be ripped off the VT. That should pretty much be the lot.

AlpineRaven

Reaction score
Sorry if I sound dumb, can someone show me a picture difference between V6 & V8 booster/master cylinder etc?
Cheers & thanks
AP

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
the V6 master cylinder has 15/16" stamped on the front of it, the V8 one 1" stamped on it at the front, otherwise they are the same. you can pick them up from repco etc i wouldn't get it from the wreckers ,i'd get a new one for piece of mind.

Hillerus

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VP Exec,Gsx-R 750
I just did this mod to my VP SS last night. It's pretty damn good. I bought an entire kit from Slacks Creek Brake and Clutch in Qld. However, if your car runs ABS, as mine does, it doesnt appear to be compatible with the ABS unit. Once you get some speed up, light touches of the brake gets the ABS working pretty fierce. I pulled the ABS fuses, and all fine. I may need to upgrade to the ABS from a VT, im not sure. When I have more time I will look into it. You also need to cut away some of the backing plate in order for the calipers to fit

Last edited: