Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT BUILD THREAD

VT Vanders

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 5L 304
Hi all, have a 99 5Litre auto VT.

got the standard stuff done to it.
Pace maker extractors
2.5 red back exhaust (single set of mufflers)
Hi flow cats
Mace engineering airbox (cut another hole in it to feed the box with the intake pipe)

My next plans were to get it painted black on black, tinted, head lights, tail lights. (Rims, when ever a set that I like pop up)

Before I managed to get that done I came up with I want to 355 stroke it and cam it (maybe instead) (first)

got some quotes and for the price I’m thinking maybe just cheaper to throw a super charger on it first???

quote from racing mechanic
Cam & stroker $7600 for parts $7000 for labour
Needs a new EMC to handle it, quote “if you don’t go through me that’s cool but don’t let any one tell you yours will be fine, it won’t run as well as it should” or something along those lines. Lol
EMC installed and tuned $4800
Said doesn’t have to be the one he used and his is dear but need a new one all wired up and all the rest

another quote off the top of his head was 10Gs for stroker and cam, no EMC have to flat bed it to a tune shop after.
He thought my emc would be fine.

another quote was “will let you know next week, it’s not gonna be pretty though” it was late Friday so fair enough on getting back to me next week as he wanted to get machining prices from his people. This mechanic is local and has a few of his own drag cars himself so interested to hear what he Comes back with.

End of the day car sounds great now (shout out to Greg, carline mufflers) and thinking of going with the curb appeal first again and deal with the rest after a few more swings but maybe cam $2000 and EMC $4800 and paint......

yous always have some good ideas and are very knowledgeable so wanted to run it by all yous first and take in some wisdom and also take yous on my journey of my first V8 build...........
Or do I just buy a LS already ready....
Which I really don’t wanna do lol

There will be a quick shifter entering the scenario at some stage and all the rest of the stuff aswell

VT Vanders

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 5L 304
Also chasing a Monaro bonnet if anyone knows where I can get one