Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Calais Door trim lights

GMHVF6

Naturally stroked
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Storm
Alright, i have a set of vt calais trims im fitting, first up is running the wiring for the door lights. Had a look around, but doesnt have the plug already sitting in the door like my fog lights etc damnit!

So, running wiring into each door is easy enough, BUT, where to run it to? door switch, roof interior light?

My door switch sits on around 9v with the door shut, then when the door opens, it becomes an earth. (random as :S)

So i cant really use that as a switching earth, as it turns to positive when the door is open, which would fry the LED's i intend on putting in them. SO is the only other option the roof interior light? running wiring from there into each door? alot of screwing around just for some shitty lights lights..

GMHVF6

Naturally stroked
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Storm
Not to worry, problem solved, Didnt realize how sexy these calais door trims are. Lovin it, i am having issues of how the light covers clip on, just sitting in place in the pic to show what it looks like
IMAG0066.jpg

MR_VX

Forced to be Fast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pac SII Raptorcharged
wow they look really great i love them. how did you wire them up? I going to put some LED strips under the door skin so when you open them up they come on. I think phreddy does them to ( puddy lights ) ??? any way i was going to hook them up to the acc power under the steering wheel. try that maybe

thekid93

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s pack
ummmm.... holden use earth switching though the hole car.... so ur roof light would be the same

GMHVF6

Naturally stroked
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Storm
Roof light actully sits on 0v when switched tho, My issue was the door switch changed from earth to positive, and only positive 8-9v at that. So would not work with the LED's im putting in. Running off the roof light it all works perfectly