Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Calais front passenger side door does not open from the outside

richieriviere

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais VT 98
Hi,

I have a 98 VT Calais which on the front passenger side opens from the inside okay but does not open from the outside.

I've had a look at some videos and instructions on how to remove the door trim which I will have a go at tonight to see if I can figure out what is wrong.

But I throught I'd post a message here first to see if anyone has any advice on what I should be looking at in particular or if there are any known issues/fixes for this sort of problem.

thanks

Turtl3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais V8 International
One of the plastic connectors for the outer door handle rods may have broken, that...or its more likely that one of the rods has just fallen out of place.

richieriviere

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais VT 98
So I removed the door trim last night and I think I have found the culprit. There seems to be a thin metal rod in the area where the outside door handle is that is just hanging loose.

I've tried to take a nice photo of it here. For some reason the photo got uploaded upside down.

Vt-Calais-Door.JPG

Does anyone know where this is metal rod is meant to sit? Or can someone point me out to any doco on how the door is meant to work?

Last edited:

richieriviere

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais VT 98
fixed

Well I fixed the problem last night and yes, it was just a plastic connector that was out of place. In the picture I posted the plastic conenctor is just hanging lose. What I had to do was first wind it up clockwise all the way, insert it into the right place and then wind it back down anti-clockwise so that it was secured in the hole it sits in.