Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Calais II

MikesCalais

Trust me, I'm a Doctor
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International
Name: Mike
Model: VT Calais II (Sapphire)
Colour: Amazon Blue
Engine: 3.8Lt V6
Exhaust: Stock
Gearbox: Stock auto
Diff: stock
Brakes: stock
Suspension: stock
Wheels: stock 16"
Cost: Back in 2006 - $14,800 + about $4,500 since to fix/maintain

Some of you will remember it from way back when.

Back when I first got her I had all these plans, a long list of mods, etc etc however since then every time I've saved up enough, something's gone wrong that needed to be fixed straight away so the mods got pushed back, three years later and its still as stock as a rock. When I brought it, it had an S spoiler which I took off.

My list of mods: hmmm.... tint the rear window. the end. lol

A sad little history is that it got hit by a truck a while back... However they decided to repair it and give it back... Then I had my front and rear windows broken... Then It was hit in a hit and run in my uni car park, and then 2 days after that it was involved in another hit and run with a taxi, luckily there was a witness so my repairs were covered (eventually). All the damage in the pics has been repaired so currently the car has no damage. (Lots of damage to a car when the drivers never been involved in an accident hey?)

Here are a couple pics in no particular order

Photo-0124no.jpg

Photo-0095-1.jpg

SNC00011.jpg

MikesVTCalaisII2.jpg

MikesVTCalaisII.jpg

STA60015.jpg

STA60017.jpg

8.jpg

3.jpg

beaker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais
Sorry to hear about your run of bad luck Mike.
i know how frustrating it is when you can never quite get to the mods you've planned for reasons outside your control.

hang in there tho, you get to it eventually.

Your Calais looks bloody good anyway (assuming it's not currently in that mashed photo state)

Last edited:

Sphinx

O.G.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais II LS1
calais FTW!

looks good mate.

MikesCalais

Trust me, I'm a Doctor
Reaction score
Members Ride
haha yeah all the damage is fixed up, now i just gotta take the rear badges off and put them in the right spot!! theyre about a cm off and crooked, and coming off anyway (you can see in the first pic thats its in the wrong spot)

I've had the car just over three years now, the plan was to keep it while I was on my P's and then trade up, but things have changed so Im sticking with it... plus it has far too many memories to just get rid of it :p

During the week some time I'm gonna give it a really good clean, unfortunatly where i keep my car has trees hanging over it so whenever i park i can expect to clean it the next day.. and its been there for two days now so i can only imagine whats waiting for me :p

MikesCalais

Trust me, I'm a Doctor
Reaction score
Members Ride
Before I baught the car I wasnt keen on the woodgrain at all, but once I sat in it at the dealer I fell in love with it.. Back when I first had it the woodgrain was the thing that set my car apart from everyone elses the most, and then all the little fancy things :p

but yeah, definatly keeping it, I really like it, I think it suits the colour of the interior as well. I like the piano black finish in VX^ models though, not sure about the lighter woodgrain

hingo1983

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
I remember seeing your thread when it got hit by the truck. Good to see it back in top shape and back on the road. Hope you have better luck with it from now on! Looks good mate.

MikesCalais

Trust me, I'm a Doctor
Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks guys! back when it happend I was hoping they would write it off but now im kind of glad I have it back, its actually been behaving lately :p

Just looking to get the back window tinted again, and need to get my brakes done, but im in the process of 'saving up' so everythings been put on hold for now... i even been saving up my coles recipts for petrol.. haha how embarasment