Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Calais Interior Light not working

SMIT

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT C2R TURBO 5SP + CRUNCH VE SSV 6SP
hey guys,
Just installed a VT calais interior light into my car. The main interior light goes on and off with the doors and evan when i push the buttons on the light the main light will come on but not the other 2? its completing teh circuit i know this because the other lights dont turn on.

It says on the light that you need 12v8w globes i replace with 12v10w glove but no luck, 2 watts wouldent make a differnece.

I know there is an eye crimp for the -ve on the 2 smaller ones and im 99% its getting earth...

anyone goy any ideas?

greekplaya

Wog On Wheels
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S2 Olympic Ediiton
hey guys,
Just installed a VT calais interior light into my car. The main interior light goes on and off with the doors and evan when i push the buttons on the light the main light will come on but not the other 2? its completing teh circuit i know this because the other lights dont turn on.

It says on the light that you need 12v8w globes i replace with 12v10w glove but no luck, 2 watts wouldent make a differnece.

I know there is an eye crimp for the -ve on the 2 smaller ones and im 99% its getting earth...

anyone goy any ideas?
I've just done the same thing and I think the wattage and the switches are linked somehow (i've got no real idea with electrics). I've got an LED as the main and standard halogens in the maps lights and all switches only turn on the main. My thinking is that the switches work by what is drawing the least power and turning that on which in my case is the main light.

Hope that helps somehow, if anyone can let me know if i'm even close to being right that'd help too

SMIT

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
I've just done the same thing and I think the wattage and the switches are linked somehow (i've got no real idea with electrics). I've got an LED as the main and standard halogens in the maps lights and all switches only turn on the main. My thinking is that the switches work by what is drawing the least power and turning that on which in my case is the main light.

Hope that helps somehow, if anyone can let me know if i'm even close to being right that'd help too

weird ive got a LED as a main light and normal for the map reading light as well, might be the problem. anyone got any ideas?>

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
They won't work properly by just plugging them in, they need some modifications but I don't know how to do it.

greekplaya

Wog On Wheels
Reaction score
Members Ride
I'm fairly confident on the wiring side of things mine's perfect because when I put a standard halogen in the main as well all lights function as they should. So I think it must come down to the voltage of the LEDs???

greekplaya

Wog On Wheels
Reaction score
Members Ride
Wait all your lights, light up? Evan the 2 map reading light when you use the normal globe?
that's right, if i put a normal halogen globe in the main light all my lights function as they should, it's once i put the LED in that the map lights stop working

greekplaya

Wog On Wheels
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ok well leds draw hardly any power compared to halogen, so its the resistors in the led festoon which are the problem.
that's what I thought once I found that out so I've got some smaller LEDs on order for the map lights so once they rock up I'll put them in and if what I'm thinking is right all should function as it should

SMIT

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
that's what I thought once I found that out so I've got some smaller LEDs on order for the map lights so once they rock up I'll put them in and if what I'm thinking is right all should function as it should

hey mate did you get the led lights in yet? is it working??