Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vt calais l67supercharged

Chrgedl67

Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged l67 vt calais
Won't spin up in the dry but does with ease in the wet I have TC and is working fine have had a few mods done like bigger pulley and also stroked the motor new trans and new diff all it seems to do in the dry is rev up to certain rev range and just bog down....

Tree cutter

Tree cutter
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais SuperchargedV6
Might be runing a bit lean down low. My Calais is pretty stock. Just has extractors, 3 inch single exhaust and modified cold air intake. if i turn trac control off i have to be gentle on the throttle so it doesnt light the tyres up on dry surfaces.

kniever

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Calais L67 & VN II Calais T5 5ltr
mine has twin 2.5 exhaust, 10 psi and opened up cai and mine spins pretty easy in the dry on take off but also have 3.45 gears and lsd, in the wet it gets stupid sometimes.

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
Won't spin up in the dry but does with ease in the wet I have TC and is working fine have had a few mods done like bigger pulley and also stroked the motor new trans and new diff all it seems to do in the dry is rev up to certain rev range and just bog down....

You've "stroked the motor"? Do you mean it's been rebuilt to a different capacity?

S.T.K.E

Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 D22 Navara Dual Cab 4x4
Won't spin up in the dry but does with ease in the wet I have TC and is working fine .

Have you tried turning Traction Control off. It it's on and you try to give it a boot full they engine will just bog out.

Even with my limited mods it'll just sit there and spin tires

Chrgedl67

Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged l67 vt calais
Chargedvx6 , yeah I have had a come stroker kit put in it which makes it a 4.1 litre also has a ported supercharger and a twelve psi boost pulley on her. And guys I have bagged it up in the dry turns out I've been heavy footed on the brakes they have just been replaced with bigger calipers and rotors and new tyres just have to be a little less heavy on the break!!