Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Calais seats into lower end model VT

GMHVF6

Naturally stroked
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Storm
So the question is. Has anyone put VT calais seats into a exec/s/ss etc?? with all the electrics working?

Also is the loom already there for the electric seat on the passanger side?

I have a VT series 2 2000 Spak. it has an electric drivers seat but only height, not back/foward or tilting the back of it. It has the factory loom sitting there for fog lights, hands free, centre console light etc so i was hoping the calais electric seat loom is already there? lol

I have a wiring diagram of how the seats are connected if i need to create my own loom. id rather a factory loom tho lol

Kernal

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ive got black leather interior from a VZ R8 with 8 way electrics in my exec. Dont need any wiring diagrams or an auto sparky to fit em in, just common sense lol.
The airbag ones are plug and play, the wires for the electrics - tap them into the cars wiring harness (better that way, you dont want to cut and shut yr cars wiring harness). And for the passenger seat run wires (only 2 - & +) across and connect it to your drivers seat power. I removed the center console and ran the power cables under there, used heat shrink tubing. This way it all neat and professional. You cant see wires or anything.

GMHVF6

Naturally stroked
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Storm
So there is only 2 plugs on each seat? so 2 positive 2 negative which i can just run off the drivers seat wiring?

Kernal

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yes there are 2 plugs on each seat.
Drivers 1 - airbag and drivers seatbelt
2 - seat electrics

Passenger 1 - airbags
2 - seat electrics

on both seats the air bag connections will be in the car, just plug and play.

tap the drivers 2nd plug into the cars wiring for the electrics as they are different plugs. this way you dont alter any of the wiring harnesses and it is reversible.
on the passenger seat 2nd plug again run wire tap ins to the drivers 2nd plug.

wire tap ins can be bought at any bunnings, jaycar or whatever. few bucks nothing expensive.

76Lancer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dave's 167 acclaim wana 's
Hi guys. I am after a bit of help with this one. I have a VT. Just fitted some caprice seats with the 8 way switches and memory. I don't need the memory, just the other controls.

The vt plug has an orange/black stripe and black/blue stripe.
the new seat has 3 thick wires. Orange/black, black/blue, and purple/red stripe. Then a medium sized orange/white stripe.

Then 10 smaller wires. Green/white, yellow/black, brown, green, grey, black, purple, pink, yellow and another purple.

Can someone please help with what to do with these wires to make the seat work.

Many thanks.

Im new here. I just inherited a L67 off my bro that was a regular here. I will start a thread again about his car soon. It bloody hammers.

wazza675

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega Sportwagon
What colour are the plugs?
Yellow is front air bags and seat belt pre-tensioners.
Orange is side air bags.
White is seat power options.

I fitted VT Berlina/Calais seats into an Exec wagon with some acclaim options. Both seats needed the orange side air bags earthed as there was no provisions for them. I also found POWER on the passenger side for upgraded seats, although the passenger seat I got was not powered, it just had the air bags and pre-tensioner. The power connection was the same as on the driver's side and found in the same place - next to the air bag plug.

76Lancer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dave's 167 acclaim wana 's
the airbag plugs are sorted. its just the upgrade of the 2 way seats, up and down, to the 8 way seat from a wh caprice. I'm kinda stuffed. I have put the seats in and now I can not reach the peddles properly. I cant adjust the seats at all.

I am tinkering with it ATM. Just got side cover off the seat and trying to work out what is the memory module so i can bypass it.

Been trying to find a How to: thread here, but still trying to get used to the navigation around the site.

trentest

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S2
anyone sorted out how to bypass the memory yet?

paul3200

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt excutive s2
cheers guys just wired mine up work perfect....