Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Calais tail lights

broderikb

Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 HSV SENATOR 5000i
I saw a VT Calais today & it had 2 park lights on the boot lid above the reverse lights. I had a look in the boot of my executive & it has the holes for the bulbs but no wiring or bulb sockets. Is this a straight forward plug in job with the Calais harness or will I need to run some new wiring? Cheers.

beeks

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6 5sp MKII + DR 600S
It's a straight harness change that will plug into your existing wiring,the harness is available from Holden.However Calais/Berlina models have reflective lenzing inside the garnish,making it blend in with the complete tail light.The executive does'nt have this and the light's look out of place.I really would'nt bother,spend your money elsewhere.

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing :'(
Or get a berlina/calais garnish if you want it bad enough. I've seen SS's with just a little bit of light (just a dot) rather than the whole thing lighting up like on the berlina/calais, looks good! especially if the lights are tinted

mistaken

... pimpin it VT stylez
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Crapsticks. I was thinkin the same thing. Don't spose its easy to disassemble the rear garnish to spray some reflective coating huh?
Might start hte hunt for rear calais garnish then...

mistaken

... pimpin it VT stylez
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Failing that, you could always convert to LED bulbs, and sand off the top of the LED so it 'disperses' the light instead of making it a 'beam' of light.

Just a thought :)

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
hahahah...seen VT's with a tiny light inside the garnish, looks crap. Better off visiting the wreckers and getting a Berlina/Calais boot garnish.