Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vt Catback exhaust.

jarretxx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Aclaim
So I have around 300 to spend on a cat back exhaust My Christmas present Thank you mum ..
Iv looked around on ebay and currently just have a stock exhaust on.

Shes a v6 so she only has the one cat on it and I cant really afford high flow twin cats and a new set of headers

I'm looking for a beasty tone to suit it and I want it to be loud and legal..
any advice Iv got these 2 in mind can someone explain which one would be a better sounding + Louder system ?

Exhaust one

VT VX VY V6 Holden Commodore 3 8 Redback 2 5" CAT Back Sports Exhaust Sedan | eBay

Exhaust two

Holden Commodore VT VX VY V6 Redback 2 1 2 Catback With Dual OUT Rear Muffler | eBay

also up for suggestions :D

Turtl3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais V8 International
i really hope this isnt going to be another one of those threads...
have a read through this, theres a bit of dribble in there but it will answer virtually all of ur questions/queries.

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/vt-vx-holden-commodore-1997-2002/250374-redback-exhaust.html

u might end up with a really good sounding exhaust if you find a standard exhaust from a supercharged v6, and get a set of headers...providing that it will all bolt up? someone here should be able to answer that question. but a twin 2 1/4" is by far the best way to go (which is what the super 6 has).

but if your hearts set on 1 of the 2 options above, i would go with the top one that has a rear resonator attached aswell. otherwise u will have highway drone

Turtl3

Reaction score
Members Ride
double post *deleted*

jarretxx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Aclaim
I'm not to fused about the drone, Personally id prefer it .. .I know I'm crazy.. But I like hearing my car XD But the hole question about the post was to be about suggestions for a catback exhaust ? For a noice loud beefy sound

Turtl3

Reaction score
Members Ride
It is very hard to get a loud beefy sound out of a v6. They just sound tinny and raspy unfortunately. I had a twin 2 1/4" on my hilux with the v6 commy motor...with no mufflers. And that sounded pretty good. I highly doubt it would pass for being legal tho

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
It's never going to sound any good. Just get a single 2.5" with middle and rear mufflers and be done with it.
Save your money to spend on other things / upgrading car.