Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vt Cd Player In Vn

The1985divo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
I like the look of the VT stereo, was wondering if it will fit into a VN, im over my pioneer deck it looks out of place.

Would it need a lot of fidling round cause its double din? I know all the buons will have to get moved and stuff

2_SeeK_U

Wheels on the bus go round and round...
Reaction score
Website
www.users.bigpond.net.au
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore II
You actually like the vt one??
This might not be of any help but if your car doesn't have space for two head units, then it won't fit as the vt stock head unit is a double din. You might be able to modify the cage that holds the headunit in place (well, theres a cage/brackets in my vs) but thats alot of stuffing round just to fit that unit. Check out some nice sony headunits, they look great.

The1985divo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Yer I like the look of em, i guess it would be too much stuffing round cause of the aircon button and stuff

seventh path

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VL RB30 Berlina
when i got my car(vl) it already had a alpine double din headdeck in it......i don't know how they got it in there but i'm buggered if i can get it out......so i would imagine that it would be more trouble than it's worth!

gsmrobinson

Reaction score
I'd suggest that you remove the stereo you have and have a good look, the auto elec I worked with refused to fit stereo's after trying to fit one to a VN a few years ago. Theres not a lot of room in there.......Moving the switches will be a bitch but remember thay are only switches and you can modify the wiring to suit new switches and placement.

Also watch how the VT one fits cause they have a different way of mounting into the dash.

Have a look in the how to section on getting the sucker out.

Regards Guy.