Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Chassis Rusted

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
i bought a vr a few years ago from a dealer and the dealer knew the guy that owned likes mates or somthink and we asked if it has ever been in a smash and we were told no but about 1 and a half ago my mum reverse into a stobie pole and when we were getting it fixed the smash repair let us know that the rear end had been smased in not to bad.
also a week after i bought it the gear shifter wouldnt move, windows got stuck, middle seat belt broke the first time we used it, service history nope it was done at the wrong kays and dates and ha painted the rear bumper with silver spray paint over a green one.
we even looked over the car nd we got ripped off.

And someone just like you will buy the OP's rusted VT. Everybody laughs at ripping off dealers, but eventually, the dealer still finds a wood duck who buys these bombs and drives off into the sunset thinking they got a great deal.

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
their mark up is 2,000,000,00%

And someone just like you will buy the OP's rusted VT. Everybody laughs at ripping off dealers, but eventually, the dealer still finds a wood duck who buys these bombs and drives off into the sunset thinking they got a great deal.

Yer but you can always take it up with a dealer, they can get fines, loose their licenses and go to jail:cops: if they have sold a dodgy car and someone dies in it. Try doing that to a private buy without a roady or reg!
And they don't care about the condition because their mark up is 2,000,000,00% (F*#@$N P^$%KS), they bogged my boot up and two years down the track it bubble and cracked the paint!!!!!!!:cry:. i got the final laygh they went out of business!:thumbsup:

luminaltz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 LTZ 3.8l
I thought I'd revive this thread, as I have just come to learn the cause of rust on this particular part of the chassis. Condensation or dripping from the AC was briefly mentioned earlier. That is the reason for the rust on this particular area of the chassis. Apparently, this is a problem with Commodores/Luminas from around 1999 to 2002 or so.

I found out all this, because I have a 2000 Lumina LTZ imported from Australia to the UAE that will not pass its safety inspection. Word from a knowledgeable mechanic and a safety inspector is that the problem stems from the AC.

Ghetto

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 Executive VT Series 1
Thanks luminaltlz, interesting to know as I was wondering what caused it to my 1998 VT.