Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vt clubby.. diff ####ed?

Cúl-Báire

Reaction score
Members Ride
AUII XR8 Ute & BAII XR6
Get a tune, foamy will make it alot snappier!

Macca86

Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6T Ute & a ZX6R
As has been said, shouldnt have been dropping the clutch without being prepared for something to break (also as said you shouldnt NEED to in a V8 anyway. This is what happens when someone who has never driven a V8 before and is used to thrashing 4's and 6's around goes and buys a V8).
But anyway. No the series 1's didnt have traction control. And also as soop said you'd know about it if the diff went bang. If there are no noises/grinding/crunching then prob isnt your diff. Replace the burnt lead as thats obviously gonna make it run rough for a start, and see if your problem remains.

mx kid

5th pinned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII CLUBSPORT
I would think the standard clutch didnt like that a whole lot...

and if that was not the problem then it will become the problem very soon. the standard one doesnt like too much "chirping".
i would start saving a few pennies to upgrade ur clutch if ur gonna treat ur clubbly as a burnout car.

i just recently put over $2000 worth of clutch into my vx clubby after the standard didnt wanna play anymore. now chirps 2nd and 3rd easily :)