Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vt Clubsport Body Kit On A Berlina

R

Robbie

Hi guys,

I am looking at putting a VT clubsport bodykit on VT series 1 Berlina... What sort of price should I be looking at for the kit, painted or unpainted? I am in Newcastle.. if anyone knows where i should get one that would be great... How hard is the fitting to do? is there anything I should be looking for in particular?

Thanks guys,

Robbie

P

Phil

G'day Robbie,

Yes an aftermarket VT HSV body kit will fit on a VT Berlina. Here in Canberra it costs around $3000+/- for the full kit..

Make sure you lower the car and have atleast 17x8" rims to set off the body kit.

I will have to get a friend of mine in newcastle to checkout who is good.. there is alot of shonky customisers around.

If you know a panel beater that could fit it for you then check out
JHP Vehicle Enhancements
1-50 Terracotta Drive
Blackburn, Victoria.
www.jhp.com.au

Their stuff is trick and they can do the lot for you.. Check out their website. Maybe take a trip to Melbourn for a few days and leave the car with them and drive home afterwards with an awesome looking deal..

Cheers
Phil

R

Robbie

Hi Phil,

I actually jagged a nice VX kit to fit vt nice and cheap, still gonna cost me a bit...

I will be getting the wheels at a later date... just a bit broke atm.... I have 16X7's but will make the move... I am just trying to find some HSV series 2 VX headlights... buying straight from Holden is my last option as they are still pretty expensive...

Do you also know someone who has the rear boot garnish for the VX hsv?? That is what I am finding hard to put my fingers on. besides the head/tail lights, driving lights and blinkers + removing the side protection strips is there anything else I need to look out for to match as closely as I can to the VX HSV? Besides the exhaust ...

Also, is there any point at all puting a cold air intake or a new air filter in the V6 or is there a better way to spend a few hundred dollars for more gain?

Thank,

Robbie

P

Phil

G'day Robbie,

You have pretty much covered the exterior changes. The HSV VX Clubbie R8 has a different brake package but I think you are staying with the standard Clubbie setup.

The JHP site I sent you would probably be able to source the rear boot garnish.
As for an original HSV exhaust system for a V6, you could try D&T Performance in S.A. for one that has come off the HSV XU6. They sell the stuff realy cheap and charge about $50 for courier delivery to your door.

I wouldnt realy bother with the cold air induction or filter right away. Get into the exhaust system and then make your decision after driving it for a bit.

Cheers
Phil

235rwkw

Reaction score
QUOTE (Robbie @ Nov 26 2003, 12:35 PM) Hi Phil,

I actually jagged a nice VX kit to fit vt nice and cheap, still gonna cost me a bit...

I will be getting the wheels at a later date... just a bit broke atm.... I have 16X7's but will make the move... I am just trying to find some HSV series 2 VX headlights... buying straight from Holden is my last option as they are still pretty expensive...

Do you also know someone who has the rear boot garnish for the VX hsv?? That is what I am finding hard to put my fingers on. besides the head/tail lights, driving lights and blinkers + removing the side protection strips is there anything else I need to look out for to match as closely as I can to the VX HSV? Besides the exhaust ...

Also, is there any point at all puting a cold air intake or a new air filter in the V6 or is there a better way to spend a few hundred dollars for more gain?

Thank,

Robbie
i think you'll find removing those side strips more than a task and a half. they are stuck on with a special glue that will problay remove your paint and/or cause some damage in trying. easier to leave them on and spray them the same colour.

Fibreglass kits are a pain easy to crack etc, plastic is better.