Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Clubsport S2 5.7 Automatic Rattle and clunk under car

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
If everything is tight bolt wise I would start to investigate the Z bar/radius rod bushes particularly as it only happens on speed bumps, bumps, and when accelerating, basically by the sounds of it any time the wheel is pushed backwards. Could be the z bar plates at the front of the k-frame fouling on the k-frame. Does it steer fine?

Other place I would look if you haven't yet is heat shielding as it's super thin and prone to flexing easily if it's not done up well.

Mark b wannan

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT S2 Clubsport R8
Hi thanks for info,when I can get it on a just next week I will check those.steering is fine.cheers

Grant Daniels

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz crewman
My dad has a vt station wagon he has entered the radio code more than 3 times and seems to be locked out any help on fixing the problem will be most appreciated
Thanks grant

Mark b wannan

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT S2 Clubsport R8
My dad has a vt station wagon he has entered the radio code more than 3 times and seems to be locked out any help on fixing the problem will be most appreciated
Thanks grant
If he has lost the code you can call a holden dealer with the car rego and they should be able to give you the code.

ant797

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s
I don't know what set up you have never seen a club sport but on a vy ute there is an exhaust hanger on the back of the transmission mine had a lot of slop in it there is a bolt on the end of it can come loose ddnt solve my rattle though ..also everyone mentions control arm links or link pins as a culprit but can come loose if no one's mentioned them yet

Mark b wannan

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT S2 Clubsport R8
Hi I have a rattle,clunk under my clubsport,seems to be around the passengers foot well(hard to tell exactly)it happens when going over speed bumps or bumps in the road or or when accelerating,it sounds like the exhaust is rattling against something but have checked and all seems tight.The car runs and changes gear fine,any help appreciated. Cheers Mark
Update,problem fixed,transmission saddle worn out.thanks mark