Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Clubsport S2 5.7 Automatic Rattle and clunk under car

Mark b wannan

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT S2 Clubsport R8
Hi I have a rattle,clunk under my clubsport,seems to be around the passengers foot well(hard to tell exactly)it happens when going over speed bumps or bumps in the road or or when accelerating,it sounds like the exhaust is rattling against something but have checked and all seems tight.The car runs and changes gear fine,any help appreciated. Cheers Mark

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
How many kilometers and on what type of roads? Could be the upper strut support bearing. Recently replaced the LHS bearing on my wife's 228k VS Clubsport for a similar type of noise.

Mark b wannan

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT S2 Clubsport R8
How many kilometers and on what type of roads? Could be the upper strut support bearing. Recently replaced the LHS bearing on my wife's 228k VS Clubsport for a similar type of noise.
Hi only done 107000kms but will have a look thanks

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Also could be the bracket in each back corner towards the bottom that goes to chaise rail, see if the 2 nuts on each are tight before going to far into the suspension. They would be felt in the footwell.