Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Commodore ABS Module

I

Ic3y Dragon

Just recently my ABS light has come up on the dash cluster.

Got it plugged into the computer it has come up with abs left solenoid fail. Bloke at K-Mart said the ABS module has failed and will need replacing. Now a new one is about $500-$600 or a used one is about $120 although chances are from what I have read it will just fail again.

My VT does not have traction control so no other lights are showing.

My main question is has anybody ever used these people?
Home

For $250 they can repair your old one and hopefully improve the original design so it doesn't fail again. It seems a better option then getting another used one.

Just curious on peoples feedback with what they have done with this problem or know anybody in Adelaide who deal with them

GM GEN3

GM GEN3
Reaction score
Members Ride
legs ATM
Mate mine went on my ss about two months ago got a second hand one which was rebuilt it 2010 solved my problem just buy a second hand one mate could last ten years or so

GM GEN3

GM GEN3
Reaction score
Members Ride
legs ATM
Holdauto at Elizabeth m8 just happens it was already rebuilt just luck picked it up for 100bucks to went home put it good as new if not better hits traction control really easy now

xyw675

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega 2010 Dual Fuel
I had a faulty ABS module on my VT and replaced it recently with a 2nd hand one from EBay with no problems. Since then I've had to disconnect the battery to do some unrelated work and when I reconnected it the radio wouldn't accept the security PIN. The buttons on the radio were working fine until then and I definitely have the correct PIN as I've punched it in plenty of times in the past. Could the replacement of the ABS module have had anything to do with the code not working? (I didn't disconnect the battery when I replaced the module).

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
I have a non-traction control module for a VX which is compatible with the VT2 ABS system according to the Holden Service CD. You can have it for $50 plus postage ($10). I originally purchased it thinking that it was a traction control version. If you are interested send me a PM.

gary hsv

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt commodore
My abs mudule is playing up and want to know if a vt ss abs module will fit my 2000 vt aclam v6 any help would be great

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
My abs mudule is playing up and want to know if a vt ss abs module will fit my 2000 vt aclam v6 any help would be great

Should be OK but you need to confirm that they have the same part number.

GKW

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SSV & 1999 VT SS SII

They are different models, different design and shape....thus A VT SS ABS cannot go into a V6. I found this out when my VT SS ABS went and the mob in SA I bought the replacement ABS from sent me a V6 ABS. Right off the bat you could tell it was different.

If buying a second hand one, make sure you confirm with the seller the model / part number of the module you are looking at and that it's the same as the module you are placing. There is usually two model / part numbers you can use, but a good seller can advise on this.

FWIW, this Ebay seller was great to deal with and sorted me out with decent reco'ed ABS for my VTSS. Very prompt service and in Melb too.

VT, VX, V6 ABS MODULE W/TRAC CONTRL C/O REPAIR SERVICE | eBay

Note: He lists which model / part numbers his ABS's replace. You see the diff model numbers between the V6 and V8's.

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Should be OK but you need to confirm that they have the same part number.

Just to clarify, according to the Holden Service CD:

. For VT1, the same "ABS" units are used for both V6 and V8. However, the units used for standard ABS, are different to those used for ABS/ETC.
. For VT2, the ABS units used for the Gen III V8 are different to those used for the V6.