Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT commodore brake booster seal question

Lanza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina, VE Omega
I'm checking over my car for a suspect vacuum leak I noticed the hose that connects to the brake booster to the plenum chamber turns freely, so I'm going to place hose clamps on the hose ends (instead of the wire clips).
My question is about the white nozzle that goes into the brake booster. I'm not sure how good the seals are between this piece and the plastic brake booster housing. Is the white nozzle removable from the outside?

For now, I'm going to clean the IAC valve and throttle body to see if it improves the engine idle.

IMG_0427.jpg

IMG_0428.jpg

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
It's not unusual to spin, vacuum creates a seal. There are tools for the job but your mouth is always on hand. Pull the pipe off the manifold give it a wipe and suck. I put my tongue over the pipe, does it hold a vacuum? It's a conclusive method. The booster doesn't need a heap of vacuum to operate the diaphragm and the engine vacuum is consistent

Lanza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina, VE Omega
It's not unusual to spin, vacuum creates a seal. There are tools for the job but your mouth is always on hand. Pull the pipe off the manifold give it a wipe and suck. I put my tongue over the pipe, does it hold a vacuum? It's a conclusive method. The booster doesn't need a heap of vacuum to operate the diaphragm and the engine vacuum is consistent
Yes. I tried the tongue check, worked well. Thank you