Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vt commodore bridged wrong relay

Zacharry

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt commodore
Hi guys i desperately need your help i lost my key to my vt commodore with vx engine stupid me thought i would break the window and try bridging the starter relay to start it up well long story straight i bridge the wrong relay now iv lost my power seats i cant open my boot cause its electric iv checked the fuses they all seem fine please help to what it could be i cant replace the key if my car wont start please what can it be could i have burnt something out or fried the ecu or something

Last edited:

Zacharry

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt commodore
It was the engine fan low speed relay i tried bridging instaed of starter relayif that helps anyone

Zacharry

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt commodore
I had the locksmith organised but is it still worth him coming if iv blown the ecu or something would he still be able to reprogram the new key if theres computer problems because my boot doesnt open with the button in glovebox my electrics seatd dont work

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Did you check your main fuse? Or any of your other fuses?

Just FYI too, I doubt bridging the starter would have gotten the car to start. Anti-theft (which relates to having the key fob) effectively stops the ECU from working, which means no fuel flow and no spark.

strgas

GRA = REAL HP
Reaction score
Members Ride
MERC W124 / toys WB tonner WB Panelvan project
Bridge the wrong pins and this could damage the driver in the ecm ...

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
when you turn the ignition to reds what do you see where the odometer is

Zacharry

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt commodore
sorry guys family problems and now i wont be with the car until tuesday strgas how would i know if iv damaged the driver in the ecu if so what or how do i fix that lout when i turn the ignition on all of the lights come on and i get beeping iv lost power to the glovebox boot button and i dont have any power to my electronic seats iv still got power to my interior lights though

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
You really ought to start by checking all the fuses and fusible links in the engine bay and in the car.