Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vt commodore cranking but not firing

Vt v6 sedan

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt v6 commodore sedan
Hi all first time post long time reader. I have a fairly long story to tell, so please bear with me. My story starts 12 months ago, i have 2000 vt v6 auto executive sedan that has starting problems. When the problem first started the car would crank over and not start, the only way to get it started was to jump start it. Then it progressed to not starting at all from jumper start, to having to sit and wait for 30 to 45 mins with the reds on before car would start. The car then ran out of rego and sat in the yard for 12 months. Oh i should mention all parts i swapped out before got parked up. So all parts were brand new 12 months ago, crank angle sensor, cam sensor, fuel pump, spark plugs and leads, new filters, have tried 3 differents bcm ecu keyfobs, different reliable dfi modules, u name it and ive prob replaced it or tried it.

The car then sat in yard for around 12 months, as i also own an s pak which became our daily driver. The s pak was then retired due to it saying hello to a cow, which forced the executive to come out again.

I then installed battery in executive, cranked it over and had leaking injecter. As i now have parts car, i swapped it out with s pak. I put the lead back on battery and cranked it over and it fired first go, no jumper starting no waiting. For the first two days the car didnt skip a beat, i then went out of town for a day and after getting back i had to go out again and car wouldnt start. So left it on reds for 5 mins and it started , which has been the trend right up til this weekend just gone. Now the car wont start no matter how long reds are left on, left reds on for three hours over weekend and still no go. Tried bcm, ecu, and keyfob from s pak and still no luck.

Thanks for listening and any help would be appreciated

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Ignition blade twisted? Starter relay sticking, starter motor stuffed, fuel pressure, coil pack.

Vt v6 sedan

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt v6 commodore sedan
Hi trevor thanks for replying mate got going turned out it was the ecm cont relay in the engine bay its had me stumped for 12 months. Drove it 600ks today and it never skipped a beat. But thanks for getting back to me mate