Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT commodore Electrical problem

D

devilly

so the whole car died, I mean everything including on board display no odometer. the only thing working on the dash was mode light flashing. you press the fob and the lights flash but no locking unlocking. you try and move the mirrors don't work. so a strange helped me out and hot wired it for me lol :) so to my understanding I have no mains power to one row on the fuse box, so have ripped it all apart now and cant find the wire that sections off to ignition and then fuse box. anyone know where they are before I rip the whole dash out of this car ??

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
Don't you love it when they say......"problem solved" and leave you hanging???

D

devilly

lol :) sorry I did so much I'm not 100% sure what I did to fix it :) i even ripped out the fuse box under the dash and speedo cluster e.t.c i found a heap of wires that i ripped off the electrical tape and soldered and put heat shrink on. had a few blown fuses changed some relay's. redid the earth to battery and heap of things that caught my eye.

the only things not working are on board right green indictor light and also the door mirror switch has stopped working as well so gotta go back in again argh. first I'll check fuses e.t.c.