Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Commodore horn switch not working

Neratic

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 Holden VY Commodore Executive
So I've had a bit of a look around and I can't seem to fins a solution for this, so I'm just going to ask.

Pressing on my steering wheel doesn't sound the horn. The horn used to work when you pressed in a certain spot, but that doesn't work anymore. I've tried removing the screws at the back to have a look but there's an airbag in the way and I don't want to go pulling it apart if I don't have to.

Ideas, anyone? Suggestions?

billythakid

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx II Executive
Worth a shot . If the theft horn relay is the same then swap it over and see if it works . If it does then get a new relay

Neratic

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 Holden VY Commodore Executive
Worth a shot . If the theft horn relay is the same then swap it over and see if it works . If it does then get a new relay

Just gave it a go. Car doesn't have a theft horn relay, but the A/C relay was the exact same. Made no difference and the A/C still worked too, but thanks for the reply anyway mate.

Any other ideas?

billythakid

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx II Executive
Fuse under the dash aswell , other than that it might be the actual horn is dead or its in the horn pad in the steering wheel and I don't know how that all works , I know the clock Spring is in there and if you stuff anything up it sets a airbag fault that is hard to clear

Someone will chime in soon that has pulled their steering wheel apart

Run a wire from battery direct to horn tap the horn terminal and see if it works with direct power