Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Kivo13

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Hi all
I have a 1997 vt acclaim auto
i have had a few problems with it over the past month or so and cant figure out what they all are its killing me.
i have replaced the motor in it and it was all working fine, then lost my licence so it sat for 6 months.
Then found the heater core was leaking so i replaced that and bled the system and all that.

Ever since i have replaced the core and put a new battery in it i have had nothing but troubles with it.

Fisrt off when im driving the thermo fans wont come on at all, no low speed/high speed or when a/c is on (a/c needs to be re gassed tho), so the car gets to about 3/4 and nothing happens with the fans, but they do sometimes seem like it going to start but never does

Secondly too me it sounds like the thermos do want to turn on, but when that happens the thermos dont start its cuts the power windows so they dont go up or down and the key wont work when i get out of the car (lock/unlock or boot) and sometime it cuts the a/c light out aswell

Thirdly the heater didnt get hot for a while but then it started to after like 2-3 days after changing heater core, but when the car was sitting and i had the heater going it cut the whole thing out, no heater or a/c no 1,2,3,4 fan setting and it didnt sound like the selector was changing for the dimister, face, face/feet ect. But when the car cools down it all goes back to normal (for a little bit anyway)

has anyone else had any of these problems and found what was causing them??
all help will be greatly appriciated.

dirty hands

Reaction score
Members Ride
magna
huh

what did you have to do to replace the heater core

some kind of wiring problem under the dash by the thread

an overload or earthing fault

Kivo13

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
had to take the whole dash out but i took photos the whole way through and made sure everything went back exactly as it came off

dope505069

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT S2 Olympic Ediiion
Who installed the engine? Sounds like a wiring problem for sure. You under warranty for the engine install?

Kivo13

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Nah no warranty, I done it with the help of a few people

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
It does sound like a wiring problem, something not connected properly when you put the dash back together.