Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Commodore 'S' Supercharged

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
Do you know the history of the car? 56,000 kms seems awfully low for an 8 year old car. I would imagine someone who would buy a supercharged car would do a bit more driving. I could be wrong, maybe it was only driven to church on Sundays.

Ye true, make sure its genuine K's, my dad almost brought a BMW that had 47,000k's, it turned out the speedo was changed and the car had actually 125,000k's on it.

scbh81

VRUUUM XU6 180 SC
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV XU6 VTII 99
yeah mate, check:

the Km's and how many owners? Log books?
make sure you check the trans Forward and reverse and **** like that!
Yeah seems weird that it is so low?
Yeah i would not pay more than $12k for that!
Good luck!

Nikkojoe

Reaction score
Members Ride
AE86, VE M6 UTE, Toyota 86
....Yeah seems weird that it is so low?
Yeah i would not pay more than $12k for that!
Good luck!

Nothing weird about low km's. My dad's 96 vs berlina has only travelled 27,000km since new so it aint weird at all. Some people dont buy cars to use them daily :p

That said though, if it has full logs, owner history then it should be genuine.

Redbook says:

1998 HOLDEN COMMODORE

VT S Sedan 4dr Auto 4sp 3.8S
Prices based on km 120,000 - 200,000
Trade in price guide* $5,200 - $6,700
National average price - private sale* $7,000 - $9,500
Price when new (RRP) $38,050

If from a dealer, wouldn't pay more than 13-14k, if private wouldnt pay more than 12k

Muz-VT

Reaction score
Members Ride
'99 VT SS Supercharged
Do you know the history of the car? 56,000 kms seems awfully low for an 8 year old car. I would imagine someone who would buy a supercharged car would do a bit more driving. I could be wrong, maybe it was only driven to church on Sundays.

Yes there are very low Km supercharged V6 commodores out there,
My VT SS Supercharged has only done 59,000 Km’s since new 1999.

I generally drive it to work and occasional weekend trip. We use the wife’s car a lot as it has the baby & kids seats in it and they are pain to move from car to car.

I keep a full service history including the original holden dealer service receipts as well as the stamped service book. Good proof that the Km’s are original when I go to sell the car.

Cheers,
Muz

inCOGnito

Reaction score
yeah from memory the couple used to live in this town and were actually the kind of people to drive it to church on the weekends. thanks all for your help, ill continue to look into it. and it is a 98- just went and checked

Last edited: