Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Commodore 'S' Supercharged

inCOGnito

Reaction score
Was just wondering how much people think these cars are worth. It currently has 56,000kms on the clock and is looking like new. Anyone have a rough estimate on what its worth? thanks

iSeeK

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX S 3.8
well iv seen vx's s supercharged for $18k, but since that is low km's i would say probably around that

Charg'd

Reaction score
Members Ride
ford
wat model is it? wat year is it? any mods, rims etc?

inCOGnito

Reaction score
i think its a 97 VT, no mods, stock rims. same blue as in your avatar, and is a genuine 'S'

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
$14k max, it is almost 10 years old, even though it has very low k's.

inCOGnito

Reaction score
i think its a 98 actually, i'll go check it out sometime and repost....just another quiery how heavy are these beasts? i've found that they are rated at 171kw but just wondering their weight to find a power to weight ratio to keep out of trouble on p plates.

Last edited:

danielsan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 SS 5.7/A4
if your in vic you'll have no worrys with power to weight restrictions with it as the car pulls in under the limit nicely. car weight ~ 1600kg. i cant remember the formula, but i think it works out to as long as the cars under 200kw in a VT (assuming the VT weighs 1600kg or more), then you're fine.

you'll find their worth around the $10k - $12k mark.

Tree cutter

Tree cutter
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais SuperchargedV6
See if you can find (red book) and just type in the year and model of the car that you want a price on. It tells you a price for cars and motorbikes.

inCOGnito

Reaction score
yeah thanks alot everyone, i am in vic so should be good with the power to weight ratio. the formula is kw/weight x1000, could only find the weight of a normal v6 exec and didnt know if the 's' was lighter, so thanks for clearing that up.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Do you know the history of the car? 56,000 kms seems awfully low for an 8 year old car. I would imagine someone who would buy a supercharged car would do a bit more driving. I could be wrong, maybe it was only driven to church on Sundays.