Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vt Commodore Sedan Lowered - Pedders touring springs - ride assist air bags

DmanVT

USAWME
Reaction score
Members Ride
'99 VT sedan II
Hi all i have a new mod in mind for my vt,
I was wondering if i got pedders touring springs in the rear of my vt and put in the ride assist airbags if the bags would jack it up enough to give the look of airbags and to help get over speed humps, i went to pedders and asked them and they seemed to think so but weren't entirely sure.

The idea is to get all the parts myself and install it myself ( people tell me its not that hard and just to be careful of the compressed springs ) and then get 2 (2 way) solenoid valves or 4 (one way ) solenoid valves and a tank and hook it all up myself.

In terms of making the bags pump up and deflate i can do easy i just want to know the movement i would get out of the bags and if anyone knows if this idea would achieve the look and function i am after.

has this ever been done? i mean i know with airbags of course it has but has it been done with ride assist ( load assist ) airbags and lowered suspension? and if not, would it work?? :/ please give any feedback and any detailed instructions on how to change springs, i have a idea but not 100% sure.

Cheers :D
Darcy

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
just get proper airbags if you can afford it. much better and look better

pedders are never sure, i went in to pedders to ask how low a set of their coilovers will go and the owner of the store directed me to online forums to ask around

DmanVT

USAWME
Reaction score
Members Ride
'99 VT sedan II
haha yer thats true, i would go the real thing but im only 17 and concidering i can get these for $400 including springs in comparison to a kit over $2k i thought its a little better, do you know if it would work at all? and btw love your car :p looks amazing :D and the jacked up view like a 4wd is incredible haha ( by the way i dnt want anythign to that extent just 1-2 inch movement ) thanks for your reply :)