Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Commodore Wagon Rear Electric Window Regulators

YellowSticker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
I ordered rear regulators for my VT wagon but I've since come to understand that the quarter window is different to the sedan? Rear Electric regulators advertised as fitting VT SEDAN WAGON etc. will not fit a wagon.

Getting a lot of parts advertised as fitting everything only to tear the car apart and find out its completely wrong.

Anyway, off ebay the only available rear regulators are obviously for VT sedans which have mounting bolts 380mm apart. My window regulator bolt hole centers in the door of my wagon are 360mm apart.

Can I drill a hole out 20mm below existing hole and it will work do you reckon? Are the rear windows the same size?

Anyone actually got rear electric windows in their wagon? Or know if any part is available that doesn't require modding?

May have to get from a wrecked wagon but the cost for 1 regulators is the price of 2 new ones off ebay.

Posting this as there are threads on the subject of VT wagon rear regulators being the same as VT sedan rear regulators where people are saying "yes it fits, relax" and that is not the case. They might work with some modification, but they are NOT the correct part.

Attachments

• 20211016_211922.jpg
    20211016_211922.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 77
  • 20211016_211935.jpg
    20211016_211935.jpg
    279.6 KB · Views: 73
  • 20211016_211945.jpg
    20211016_211945.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 96
  • 20211016_211955.jpg
    20211016_211955.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 76

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
I ordered rear regulators for my VT wagon but I've since come to understand that the quarter window is different to the sedan? Rear Electric regulators advertised as fitting VT SEDAN WAGON etc. will not fit a wagon.

Getting a lot of parts advertised as fitting everything only to tear the car apart and find out its completely wrong.

Anyway, off ebay the only available rear regulators are obviously for VT sedans which have mounting bolts 380mm apart. My window regulator bolt hole centers in the door of my wagon are 360mm apart.

Can I drill a hole out 20mm below existing hole and it will work do you reckon? Are the rear windows the same size?

Anyone actually got rear electric windows in their wagon? Or know if any part is available that doesn't require modding?

May have to get from a wrecked wagon but the cost for 1 regulators is the price of 2 new ones off ebay.

Posting this as there are threads on the subject of VT wagon rear regulators being the same as VT sedan rear regulators where people are saying "yes it fits, relax" and that is not the case. They might work with some modification, but they are NOT the correct part.
My vt wagon is an exe. (no power windows). I installed power windows. Person l bought power window setup said it was all out a Calais.

I just drilled the rivets out bolted in the regulators. If l remember correctly the regulators were all marked for which door they fitted.

I just noticed your pics. That doesn't look like a vt rear regulator to me? Is it aftermarket?
Maybe l'll have time tomorrow & take a pic of the setup?

Have you fitted the front ones yet?

Heavy VT

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt V6
This is the one I'm using in my vt sedan rear door. It's out of a vy sedan.
The original vt one had a gal cover on the motor. It also has 5 mounting rivets.
Hope this helps.

Attachments

• IMG_20211017_191143~2.jpg
    IMG_20211017_191143~2.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 81
Reactions: Lex

YellowSticker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Retard detected

Just realised I was looking at probably the wrong rivet. Circled is 380mm distance.

I already returned the regulators , too. **** my life

Lex, they are aftermarket replacement ones off ebay. Front ones went in fine. Got nice door trims today which have the electric switches built in to replace the manual window door trims.

I don't really want to shell out for the door looms just to use rear door switches. I just want control from the main switch in center console. Can anyone confirm if the rear door switch can be bypassed? Or even have a diagram of the pins and what they go to?

Happy to make a plug for rear window switch, but without knowing which pin is which on it, I don't know if it's worth the effort?

UPDATE - ordered 2 window switches for rear doors with plug and loom attached. I will post photos or the plug and wiring when it comes.

Attachments

• 20211017_195007.jpg
    20211017_195007.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Reactions: Lex