Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vt commodore water leak passenger side

Dylan_dc12

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Hi everyone i have a VT commodore and its leaking water in the passenger side, i know its not the heater or AC because it only does it when it pours down rain in summer its fine. I recently got my windscreen changed and i thought it was that i got it looked at and re sealed and its not that because its got done again and its 100% right, so im not too sure where else the water could be coming from. I can hear water sloshing around in the passenger side somewhere its not coming though the doors because ive pulled them apart and its all dry in there so im not too sure

morry0

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VT Commodore Executive V6
I assume you are getting water on your carpet in passenger side which previously happened to me and it was windscreen not sealed properly after panel shop refitted it, they checked it and didnt fix it properly i had to find it myself with torch, mirror on a stick and thin wire and i found gaps all over the place where they hadnt put enough sealant but its also possible i think that water could be getting into your ventilation system through the air intake which is located under the bonnet where your windscreen wipers are mounted and you have to remove them and the plastic grills and you will then be able to see in and maybe there is water trapped in there "sloshing around" as you say, i think there is probably a drain plug or drain off point in there that might be blocked, also get under car and check the drain holes for the A/C unit near the tranny stick a screwdriver or something thin up them and make sure they are clear, worth a try.

Krislxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vxss
Hi everyone i have a VT commodore and its leaking water in the passenger side, i know its not the heater or AC because it only does it when it pours down rain in summer its fine. I recently got my windscreen changed and i thought it was that i got it looked at and re sealed and its not that because its got done again and its 100% right, so im not too sure where else the water could be coming from. I can hear water sloshing around in the passenger side somewhere its not coming though the doors because ive pulled them apart and its all dry in there so im not too sure

Has anyone got to the bottom of this which seems to be a common leak in vt's? The water sloshing around is in the sill, I've worked that much out when I pulled the sill covers off and pulled one of the white clips out water pissed out. How its getting in there I don't know. I've got my carpet out drying again! I really want to get to the bottom of it this time. I don't know wether it's the sills filling up and then leaking inside or the door seals?

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Because of the design is highly unlikely to be the windscreen, not impossible just very improbable without actually seeing it inside, as the bottom of the glass uses an overhang method.

The VT had very restrictive water run off from the lower cowl into the guard, all it takes is some leaves and some dirt to cause build up and overflow, it's a slow cause and effect sadly, hard to insta-spot. Trouble is you need to take the guard of to sort it.

You can test with a hose, fill quickly and if the drain pools before it runs away it'll be the issue. Then check the carpet a few hours later, it'll probably be wet.