Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vt Commodore wipers

Zaretti

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT series 2 3.8 executive wagon
Started my day in North Sydney on a pretty miserable morning, jumped in the car, turned on the windscreen wipers. No joy. I drove home across the harbour bridge with no wipers, which is good fun way to start your day. Looked around the house for my service manual, can't find that either, although I did turn up a set of 1/2 drive sockets I hadn't seen in a while. The front wipers don't work on any position on the switch, and the rear wiper (it's a wagon) is jammed in the upward position where it was when I turned the car off last night.

Without a wiring diagram, I went looking for the obvious. There's a 5 pin relay in the underbonnet fuse box that claims to be the front wiper relay. I replaced it, but that doesn't do any good.

Does anyone have any pointers for other switches, relays or fuses I can check around the car. I haven't had the commodore for a while, so I've haven't familiarised myself with it's electrics yet. What should I be looking for?

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
There should be a fuse in the fuse box under the steering column.

Zaretti

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT series 2 3.8 executive wagon
There should be a fuse in the fuse box under the steering column.

And so there was, how did you guess? I swapped the cigarette lighter fuse into the wiper slot, and now I have wipers again. I think I can live without the power slot till tomorrow. I seriously didn't even know where that fuse panel was, which shows how reliable the VT's been in the 6 months since I bought it.

First car I've ever had where I haven't had to do major panel, engine and driveline work. I've been spoilt a bit, I didn't even know where the damn fuse panel was.

Peter M J B

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Series 1
Well good news/ bad news - being a VT, you'll probably stay get to know everything about it before much longer.