Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT commodore

skyline_034

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
HEY GUYS
RECENTLY I POSTED A COMMENT, CAN A VT FISHTAIL AT 100KS- http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...en-commodore-vt-expert-about-fishtailing.html

The Reason i asked is because my younger 14 year old sister died in a car accident 5 months ago,
the driver of the commodore claims the car lost control and fishtailed at 100ks causing the accident, i believe he was doing something stupid and this isn't true!
i just wanted some opinions for whether it can or not as im thinking of getting a professional to help me prove it and taking this evidence to court.

Please let me know your thoughts. I would be greatly appreciated.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
well now you've said that, the biggest tip i can ever give you for future threads and so forth, add all the info you can in the first place, so people dont have to assume.

anyway.
there would be many variables.
road conditions, location, and everything else that goes along with it.

just an idea.
go speak to a professional driving school. not the Learner schools, but the actual race driver schools, defensive driving schools and the likes, im sure they would know pretty well how alot of these circumsances can occur and what does normally happen in such cases of loosing control, plus in a way they are an "expert opinion"

also sorry to hear about your loss.

Last edited:

jason_85

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 Vy SS and 99 Vt SS
you last post was deleted as it seemed like you were asking about an 'illegal' thing and just commodorees does not condone that.... 1 of the rears could've blown out maybe that caused to accident.. im sorry to hear about your sister.

aussieakito

Holden Dealer Master Tech
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Manual VY SS2, 2005 Rolla Sportivo
Ey, i would think it would be very likely but you would have to be screwing around (i.e turning radically on the freeway over and over)

Even easier if it was wet.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Depends on road conditions , condition of tyres , driver ability, and indeed what the driver was up to at the time of crash , Eg talking on cell phone , fiddling with radio , swerving to avoid another car , or obstacle , the list could go on , I hope you get some closure , sorry for your loss mate .

aaronevolution

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
TURISMO VZ SS 6.0
HEY GUYS
RECENTLY I POSTED A COMMENT, CAN A VT FISHTAIL AT 100KS- http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...en-commodore-vt-expert-about-fishtailing.html

The Reason i asked is because my younger 14 year old sister died in a car accident 5 months ago,
the driver of the commodore claims the car lost control and fishtailed at 100ks causing the accident, i believe he was doing something stupid and this isn't true!
i just wanted some opinions for whether it can or not as im thinking of getting a professional to help me prove it and taking this evidence to court.

Your going to get a professional to show a judge how he can fish tail a commodore? Nice

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
HEY GUYS

My thoughts?

What did the police investigation uncover? Given there was a death had he done something the police would of charged the driver.

I think you should mourn your sisters loss and move on with life and stop pretending to be some sort of detective. Leave that to those who are qualified to do it.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
I lost my cousin in a car crash late last year, I KNOW the driver was doing something stupid. You don't flip a car into a tree and make it burst into flames on impact on a slight bend on a 50Km/h road and kill all four people if you're not doing something stupid.

Does knowing this bring my cousin back? No. If the driver survived and was charged would it make me feel better? I doubt it.

I'm sorry for your loss but what you're trying to achieve is fruitless. As Minux said, grieve and mourn as you need but don't chase your tail for something that isn't going to help.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
The Police have dedicated crash investigation teams that do a more thorough job than anyone an a forum could do. Generally if the cause of the crash was driver error they can prove it.

Has the driver been charged and attended court?

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
I think the post above sum it up.

Let the crash investigations unit or alike sort it out.

I can assure you, no judge will take a forums post as evidence.