Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT commodore

Joshua_vt

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT Holden Commodore acclaim series two
I've recently bought a 19 year old VT commodore. I only paid $2,200.00 for it irrespective of the high millage on her. Its been well looked after and out of all the vehicles I've owned, this car has me completely besotted with it's performance, handling and great looks. I don't mind spending money on her, even if I have to give her a full recon, to me the VT is worth it. Better than the Ford's I've owned , although ford did a good job of the 1996 ford falcon GLI, only problem was the rear end was to light and everything else would fall apart accept the straight six engine. Would I buy another ford, probably no way, not after driving the VT. I consider the VT better made than the later model XR6 XR8 Ford's. MY VT is so quiet on the road, it's interior is impeccable and tough, nothing has fallen off or given way to deterioration. Quite remarkable.. Does anyone else feel the same way about their VT Holden?.

Henry the octopus

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf2 ss
Yes. Most cohesive shape holden ever made. I can forgive the rattles squeaks and slug performance of my 304 for the looks and sound

Last edited:

Joshua_vt

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yes. Most cohesive shape holden ever made. I can forgive the rattles squeaks and slug performance of my 304 for the looks and sound
. I'll try buy another one end of the year. I have found quite a bit of rust under the car, but if I take it to a professional place to get sand blasted and treated with some type of industrial rust kill and protective coating, I should be sweet. It has a year's warrant, but the exhaust will need replacing as it a rusty peace of crap.. I'll have to upload a photo of my VT, it looks like a X cop car as it's white...

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
... I'll have to upload a photo of my VT, it looks like a X cop car as it's white...

Hate to rain on your parade, but white is the most common colour going......Only the compliance plate decode determines whether it's an ex-cop car or not

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Ex cop, fantastic does it have the "cop tune" as well?

Joshua_vt

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ex cop, fantastic does it have the "cop tune" as well?
I don't think so, it appears to be standard. Think it was a mufty detective vehicle back in the day. The police here in nz sure had some great Holden's

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Mate she's a cop car, it's says X cop all over her.

So how does it say this? All you have put forward is a colour, which is as common as night turning to day....

Or has someone put the words, cop or police all over it? :rolleyes:

As I have ,mentioned before, the only way to tell if it is a genuine ex-cop car is via the compliance plate....After all, the car is 20 years old and plenty can be done to a car in that time frame

Last edited:

Joshua_vt

Reaction score
Members Ride
So how does it say this? All you have put forward is a colour, which is as common as night turning to day....

Or has someone put the words, cop or police all over it? :rolleyes:

As I have ,mentioned before, the only way to tell if it is a genuine ex-cop car is via the compliance plate....After all, the car is 20 years old and plenty can be done to a car in that time frame