Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT commodore

Joshua_vt

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT Holden Commodore acclaim series two
It's easy to debadge a car.....An ex-boss used to de-badge all his new Holdens.....Does that mean when he on sold them, they could be classed as detective cars?

I have some 15X7 steel wheels here....If I bolt them to my VC, can I sell it saying it's an ex-cop car?

Holes placed inside the car are easily done to fit CB's/ UHF's etc etc.....So that's not proof either

Without that compliance plate information, you are pissing in the wind.....
I'm happy pissing in the wind, the VT doesn't mind either mate, she's a beaut . If you saw it you'd wanna buy it and piss in the wind

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Haha, yeah it's purely psychological.
I was having a **** day because things didn't go smoothly with rocker install. I was being sarcastic with my quote about the cop chip. As you are probably aware there is no difference but some people like to think there is. VC made me laugh when he played along, which stopped me thinking about the bastard ute.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I'm happy pissing in the wind, the VT doesn't mind either mate, she's a beaut . If you saw it you'd wanna buy it and piss in the wind

You think so???? Hate to rain on your parade again, but I don't own cars that are computer equipped....

I currently own 8 cars.....All have a carb and dizzy to run them, not a compouter

Besides, I have been offered a 1 owner VT with 160,000K on the clock for $1500.....Those kays were mainly highway kays too.....But again, computer controlled, so it's staying where it sits, unless someone wants to know where it is to buy it.

Now the big question, which has been asked numerous times, the compliance plate to prove it....

Last edited:

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
mate that's bloody awesome; to be be honest I don't want to get out of the car. I Think I'll buy another VT and keep it in storage, the one I drive currently is primarily work vehicle.
Make sure its a white one. That way you can guarantee that you will have a full car of genuine ex police parts to swap over if you need to. Winner!

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I think we're all pissing in the wind waiting for that.

Little unfortunate that you mentioned what the code would be on the compliance plate to signify an ex-cop car.....If the Op didn't have access to a camera, having the options put up would have been a way to determine whether it was an ex-cop car or not.

None the less, I still think he is in la la land over it all, but happy to be proved wrong.....You could also factor in, it is school holidays in my neck of the woods, so it is possible it is the same in his.....Time will tell